More from Wilson / Karnes Counties, TX near Floresville, TX (past month)

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Hi everyone, I have not posted in a while due to work. I have been working the past month around Wilson and Karnes Counties near the Floresville, tx area. I posted some of my palm wood finds about a month ago but no points were found then. Came back to work, and on my down time I accumulated some pieces near Cibolo Creek. The only point I found has the characteristics of an Angostura point type, because it is ground some at the base and has flaking similar to that type point it's perfect no breaks. I also found a well made biface scraper that Has some polish on one half of the dulled end that makes me wonder if it has been hafted... The work end has been worked to a pretty sharp edge. Can't see the polish in the pic, sorry, I need to invest in a new camera.. Last either a preform that they gave up on, or a scraper / knife, the edges are worked well made out of petrified wood. It's weird, the Angostura point looks to be made out of Edwards plateau chert which can't be found in the area I was in, and the ovate scraper. These Indians were just passin through I guess. Wish I could have got an insitu of the point, it was laying flat as a pandcake half buried... Oh well, next time im not so buisy I will be more patient and not freak out, hahaha. Happy hunting to all.

Attachments

• DSC00744.JPG
    DSC00744.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 1,341
  • DSC00745.JPG
    DSC00745.JPG
    44.8 KB · Views: 391
  • DSC00746.JPG
    DSC00746.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 479
  • DSC00752.JPG
    DSC00752.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 403
  • DSC00753.JPG
    DSC00753.JPG
    51.9 KB · Views: 1,083
  • DSC00754.JPG
    DSC00754.JPG
    49.9 KB · Views: 430
  • DSC00755.JPG
    DSC00755.JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 451
  • DSC00756.JPG
    DSC00756.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 389
  • DSC00757.JPG
    DSC00757.JPG
    52.7 KB · Views: 383
Upvote 0

oldgoat

Oct 21, 2008
abernard, don't discount the idea of trade items...a place that I dig has produced two fine examples of rootbeer flint and the only local flint is Brazos...

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oldgoat said:
abernard, don't discount the idea of trade items...a place that I dig has produced two fine examples of rootbeer flint and the only local flint is Brazos...

Way to go Abarnard you traveling guy. You are collecting from all over the state. I would give anything to go back and see the Brazos again and the Navasota bottoms. Loved Texas.
HH
TnMtns

OP
OP
A

abarnard

Apr 10, 2009
Hey TN, I grew up in East Texas on Lake Conroe kinda close to the Brazos river, my parents still live there. You can see the Brazos river from 105 by Conroe. Yep I have yet to hunt it though, can you pull some decent artifacts from that river??? If so I am taking the kayak to the river to go exploring... Oldgoat, that did cross my mind about trade amongst the indians, that is a for sure possibility.... Trade blanks must have been dispursed among different bands I am sure. Thanks for the replies... There's a job coming up in Gardendale, TX that i might be going on, if so I have another chance in a prime area to hunt.. Landowners are usually cool about it surprisingly, most do not mind.. I do travel quite a bit thanks to the oil and gas industry..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread