just sorting a few items/cleaning house:)

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut

Attachments

• DSCF0010.JPG
    DSCF0010.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 355
  • DSCF0013.JPG
    DSCF0013.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 375
  • DSCF0015.JPG
    DSCF0015.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 365
  • DSCF0017.JPG
    DSCF0017.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 363
  • DSCF0027.JPG
    DSCF0027.JPG
    52.6 KB · Views: 362
  • DSCF0029.JPG
    DSCF0029.JPG
    53.6 KB · Views: 350
  • DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    51.2 KB · Views: 355
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only true artifact I see is the point and it's a Big Sandy type from the early to middle Archaic time period. The two cup stones in the 5th picture could possibly be Paint Cups, but that depends on where they were found. Most of these type of stones are natural and unless they were found on an actual Indian site they could just be natural cupped rocks that were never used and then wouldn't be artifacts. I did notice that in the last picture the rock right above the tape measure is a piece of Petrosky Stone which was a favorite stone for the Indians to use for some types of artifacts.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vibes how cool.
If I found that point here I would lean towards Big Sandy. But I am guessing you found it further North?
Picture 2. Two bottom pieces" may" be flint preforms the others above look natural
picture 4. The triangular piece looks like some type of winder or spool may be an artifact not sure may be other examples. The one stone looks to have been possibly pecked?
Picture 5. the far right the cupped one looks man made and may be a paint pot or plant grinder. Others look like geofacts and water worn or polished rocks.
Pic 6. dunno :dontknow: Pottery and a polished shattered bone?

I hope some of these experts will chime in. Am sure the point will be retyped being further north. Lots of cool artifacts and Geofacts. Imagine when out Rock Hounding you will find artifacts.
HH
TnMountains

Adena_man

Feb 5, 2007
Nicholasville, Ky
vibes said:
I have found a few items that I'm not sure if they're artifacts or geofacts...any input is embraced with open arms. Thanks!

OH..I KNOW one is a point but not sure which type/era.

That Big Sandy is sweet! Great find!

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
This looks like a fossil.
Newt

Attachments

• DSCF0022.JPG
    DSCF0022.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 297
OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Oh yeah, it's a big petoskey stone...I put it in the pics for fun because, well, I found it by a small creek in Starke County, Indiana....far, far from the usual Petoskey stone areas.

SoIll

Oct 6, 2008
Il
vibes said:
Oh yeah, it's a big petoskey stone...I put it in the pics for fun because, well, I found it by a small creek in Starke County, Indiana....far, far from the usual Petoskey stone areas.
Is it worked?
What's the bottom look like?

OP
OP
vibes

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
SoIll said:
vibes said:
Is it worked?
What's the bottom look like?

The 5th photo shows the Petoskey's bottom...I think the indentations are nature made.
pickaway said:
That white piece is a nice one...

Thanks, it was a thrill to find it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions