Help designing a frame for show... Keosaqua, IA Sept. 12th

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
I'm planing on taking my stuff to a show in Keosaqua, IA on sept 12th. I need some help planing a frame for my stuff, right now I keep them all in tackle boxes. I think I'm going to make a frame to just lay them lose in on the table covered by plexi glass just for the show. Heres all my whole ones and pieces from 2010. I like it all random about like this, but I like any broke piece of worked stone though. Probably keep the better ones toward the center with them getting more broke or smaller pieces the further out you go. What would the people at the show want to see? I am also planing on laying out a border of the flakes I have, the pretty ones with lots of color.
I'm also thinking about making a slideshow of insitus to play on my laptop also.

Attachments

• 2010.jpg
    2010.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

donnaplace

Banned
Jul 18, 2010
wow you put togher a nice collection
i hope its not a metal tackle boxes
it can put metal marks on your points,and make it real hard to get them paper.

OP
OP
all_atv

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
Thanks, Ya they're the plastic clear boxes. I might buy a case but gonna see what I have on hand to build one first. Those prices are pretty good I think.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
If you already have the plexiglass, go ahead and make a square frame with some 1x4's or something like it, and attach a couple of hinges to the edge facing the crowd. That will make it easier to get to relics if people want to see something (and I'm sure people will ask about your keokuk.) And you won't have a wobbly piece of plastic sitting on the axe that will knock pieces off the sides. Unfortunately, the days are long gone where you could have small loose pieces out on the tables.

If you want to spend the money, get a couple of nice cases vs one really large one.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
all_atv, that is some very impressive finds, especially if all of those are just from this year. I have set up my collection at numerous shows over the past 10 years or so, and like Joshua said, you can't leave anything loose out on your tables anymore. You are just setting yourself up for something to be stolen. Unfortunately the thieves hit these shows just as much as the enthusiasts do. Do you have a Hobby Lobby anywhere close to where you live? They usually have some great deals on display cases.

Have fun at the show. They can really be a blast.

OP
OP
all_atv

all_atv

May 26, 2009
SE Iowa
I found this drawer type thing in my garage, forgot I had them. Someone gave them to me a few years ago before I started hunting. I have probably 20 of them. I just added the two supports in the center, only because the lexan that I have is only so big so ill have the hinge there. One on each side so it opens from the side like a door. And a piece in the center with a hinge too. I am going to try and find foam or stuffing for the back instead of having everything just sitting in there. (it would take way too long to set it all out at the show just the way I want! lol) And probably a dark green color for the background to match my other frame.

And these are all my finds so far from 2010, I didn't get out nearly as much as I should have. I've been building my house.

Attachments

• frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 169
  • frame.jpg
    frame.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 173

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread