Three Tools?

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
Found these last Friday with one of my daughters. She took video of the whole thing was a lot of fun.
The one wit the tape across it has a complete groove at the 5 inch line. Can not see It real good yet the sediment deposits on these are heavy. We pulled these from under water in a creek we have been going to. I finally had to wade out there and see what was there. the smallest and largest I think are hoe's but the one with the tape in the photo I'm not sure. It has extensive strike marks on each end. The big one is about 12 by 5.5 and the smallest about 6 by 4 it has a piece broke on the digging end on the left bottom. It looks a lot like the flint hoe someone posted the other day. love to hear any and all opinions.

09132010024.jpg

09132010021.jpg

09132010016.jpg

09132010004.jpg

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you guys had fun. I see worked flint in your second picture. The limestone is hard to see the worked areas. I have about 5 or 6 old large worked pieces of limestone from a creek if you want a picture for comparison. Carefull or you will have that youngster hooked on this hobby :laughing7: Oh yeah worked limestone is not to common I think. I could be wrong though.

OP
OP
R

Rockiologist

Sep 7, 2010
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
eye
TnMountains said:
Looks like you guys had fun. I see worked flint in your second picture. The limestone is hard to see the worked areas. I have about 5 or 6 old large worked pieces of limestone from a creek if you want a picture for comparison. Carefull or you will have that youngster hooked on this hobby :laughing7: Oh yeah worked limestone is not to common I think. I could be wrong though.

Worked limestone I have seen very few pieces o. I read somewhere here while back that it was very popular to the natives however it did stand up good against time. The only other place I have ever seen it is lake nimrod in Arkansas. It is illegal to pick any of it up but there is a geat bluff on the south side of the lake that has a lot of worked limestone to photo.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread