Awesome Hunt

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Yesterday I went back to the new land I picked up several weeks ago. I first went to a field that is planted in watermelons. I didn't look there long but found the blade and the heartbreaker. I then went to the field near the cyprus pond that I found the drill in Saturday. Because of time, I wasn't able to look the field thoroughly. Everything else was found there. When I finished looking the field, I walked across the dam to the other side of the cyprus pond. The part of the field closest to the cyprus pond had been harrowed. Although it is clay and there had been no rain, I was able to see chert chips and even one broken point in it. I was just checking to see if I thought it had artifacts. I can't wait until we get a decent rain.

This is what I found.

100_4900.jpg

100_4877.jpg

100_4880.jpg

100_4886.jpg

100_4889.jpg

100_4891.jpg

100_4904.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
A

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Au-seeker said:
Great finds! That one is a heartbreaker for sure!

Curious, what state were these found in?

Thanks!

Shane

Georgia

tmodel

Feb 5, 2011
mid tn.
i do not see a heart breaker, all i see is [6] very nice artifacts!! the upper right is it beveled? lower left one i love that color in your hand! lower center one looks to me like a kirk corner notched, serrated, snapped base point in very good condition for its age!! i found it in the Tn.section of projectile points ,net.. map showed it in most of southern states from Tx. to Pa, Terry

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions