bought at antique store, suposedly NA pottery from an estate sale. ???

lamplighter36

Jun 4, 2006
Cowtown, TX (DFW)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Attachments

• bowl1.jpg
    bowl1.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 360
  • bowl2.jpg
    bowl2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 354
  • bowl3.jpg
    bowl3.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 356
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know a whole heck of a lot about Pottery pieces, but in my 45 years of collecting I have never seen a true Indian Pot with a handle like that and a spout. Hope you didn't pay much for it.

OP
OP
lamplighter36

lamplighter36

Jun 4, 2006
Cowtown, TX (DFW)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no, I didnt pay much for it. my wife thought it looked pretty so thats why I bought it.

Thanks, someone told me it looked South American.

hombre_de_plata_flaco

Bronze Member
Apr 24, 2011
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000
Lamplighter - Don't expect any love from the NA crowd here unless you dig it out of the ground. I think purchasing artifacts is offensive to them.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hombre_de_plata_flaco said:
Lamplighter - Don't expect any love from the NA crowd here unless you dig it out of the ground. I think purchasing artifacts is offensive to them.

If you are referring to me you are dead wrong. I don't buy a lot, but I do buy pieces every now and then and have no problem with people buying artifacts. I just don't think that piece is old or even Native American.

naturegirl

Bronze Member
Mar 21, 2009

Hola Hombe, :hello: I don't think people are against purchasing artifacts here, there are quite a few of them, and they share their purchases here. which is awsome, because you get to see some real beauties! Just hang out a while longer, and get to know the folk. Look for the threads that have 'mailbox finds', it adds another diminsion to the whole collecting thing. :wink: I saw your purchased thread, it didn't get alot of hits, that happens. :dontknow: but give it a chance here, there are some really nice people willing to share what they have learned.

naturegirl

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Looks modern to me as well.

Hombre - I think all those Indian rock things are evil *shudder*, whether found or purchased..and people that own them are atrocious.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I personally have some pieces I have purchased, what is important is to know who your buying them from...... Piece is unlike any I have ever seen as well.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread