Charmin

Bronze Member
Sep 3, 2007
Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White's Prizm III and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Th3rty7--What is the white point made of?(second pic. from the top)--Is it some kind of quartz material? Is the base broke off?
Love looking at your in-situ's---I'm gonna try taking a picture like that the next time I find an artifact.

ohio

Bronze Member
May 28, 2007
Great post and finds! The 12th pic down took a keen eye for sure. I love finding them like that.....ya cannot help but pat yourself on the back for that one.

Chuck

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great looking finds and in situs Ryan.

I really wish we had the creeks around here to hunt that would produce like that. I have yet to find a piece in a creek. I find a few on the Ohio River, but our creeks are mostly mud bottom with no gravel bars.

Congrats on a great month of finds.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
sandcreek4 said:
Hey Th3rty7--What is the white point made of?(second pic. from the top)--Is it some kind of quartz material? Is the base broke off?
Love looking at your in-situ's---I'm gonna try taking a picture like that the next time I find an artifact.

Thank you sandcreek. I believe that is milky quartz, a higher grade of opaque quartz with some base damage.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
creek astronaut said:
Looks like a great month so far and you have 3 weeks to go!!I like that mortar,that will display well,and the pics are outstanding as usual.You are the insitu master!! :notworthy:

Appreciate the comments dude. I'm happy to have the mortar even though my back still hurts from hauling that beast out. Happy hunting.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
ohio said:
Great post and finds! The 12th pic down took a keen eye for sure. I love finding them like that.....ya cannot help but pat yourself on the back for that one.

Chuck

I love finding them like that too. It gets exciting when you spot just a bit of a worked piece looking back at you. Thanks Chuck.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
SRV said:
Great looking finds and in situs Ryan.

I really wish we had the creeks around here to hunt that would produce like that. I have yet to find a piece in a creek. I find a few on the Ohio River, but our creeks are mostly mud bottom with no gravel bars.

Congrats on a great month of finds.

Thanks alot Steve I appreciate your comments.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
theviking said:
Wow, nice finds. Very cool piece in the fourth pic, maybe a drill? Thanks for the view.

I think it is a drill or a couple resharpenings from drill form, thanks Bill.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Some new finds. A knife with a rounded or chisel tip. A point I didn't get an insitu of. A greenstone chisel or celt. Three hammers and two manos.

OP
OP
Th3rty7

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
Thanks Kris and Bill, I appreciate the comments fellows.

Some more august finds , got out and walked some creek banks for about three hours tonight. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions