Small Collection

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Broke down and bought most of a collection that became available this last month. All of the pieces came out of the same hole here in central Texas, Check the middle rock.... interesting to say the least. Enjoy !
Happy Hunting !
9-21-2011 002tnet.JPG
9-21-2011 006tnet.JPG
9-21-2011 007tnet.JPG
9-21-2011 008tnet.JPG
9-21-2011 009tnet.JPG
9-21-2011 010tnet.JPG
9-21-2011 011tnet.JPG

Upvote 0

flintdigger

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2010
Those are some very nice pieces. What is the middle piece a scraper of some type it look's worked ? The color is great. Those are some killer pieces

JUNKYARD DOG

Feb 29, 2008
Mid Mo
Detector(s) used
DFX, COMPASS SCANNER,
very nice points love the colors. the small blue point at 10 o'clock from the red rock, is that petrified wood?
I've got a knife that looks similar. take care... wes

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Thanks Y'all. In answer to your question flint digger? I don't know :dontknow: Sure is a pretty smooth stone. I'm hearin guesses like moon rock, dinosaur poop, volcanic stone. I don't believe it is worked except to say it's worn smooth in the well colored areas. It was found deep in the hole. If anyone has any ideas ? I'd live to hear em. Thanks again. Kris

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While the Points are all awesome pieces, the pieces that intrigue me are the two Deer Antlers and the Bone Whistle. Are the Deer Antler piece drilled out for hafting and does the Whistle blow?

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
The orange Stone in non magnetic. Hematite is possible, another good guess, thanks latrans. The Dear antler has been worked on considerably ( I shot the wrong side of it in the first photo). The other thing that looks like a antler in a Stalactite (probably from a cave) and the whistle we believe is an ornamental bead. See previous post for better close ups of bead. Here are better picts of antler and Stalactite, also a couple more nice points not included in the original set. Enjoy. Kris
9-25-2011 006tnet.JPG
9-25-2011 004tnet.JPG
9-25-2011 005tnet.JPG
9-25-2011 018tnet.JPG
9-25-2011 020tnet.JPG

mile-ender

Jun 29, 2009
Lower Canada
Detector(s) used
BountyHunter fast tracker
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Krisrock said:
Thanks Y'all. In answer to your question flint digger? I don't know :dontknow: Sure is a pretty smooth stone. I'm hearin guesses like moon rock, dinosaur poop, volcanic stone. I don't believe it is worked except to say it's worn smooth in the well colored areas. It was found deep in the hole. If anyone has any ideas ? I'd live to hear em. Thanks again. Kris
It looks like chert/flint - it can get to be pretty colorful.
From quartzpage.de "Another famous site and a U.S. National Monument are the Alibates Flint Quarries in Texas, where colorful chert has been mined by American Indians from prehistoric times till about 1870."
Nice :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Krisrock

Krisrock

Feb 9, 2011
Land of Good Water
Hey,Thanks Mile-ender. Flint is as close as anything it looks like to me too. I haven't seen any George town that bright before on anything worked, but I bet it would look cool. It was probably packed in by someone who planned on working it. I have some iron ore found in a mound close by that will pick up a magnet. It was dug up by my buddy next to me and he gave it to me and there is no doubt the natives brought it from over 500 miles away. It's not a meteorite. They used it we believe to mash brain into tough hide to make it soft. It is litterally one of the first American Irons. I'll put a pict of it in my next post.
Thanks Chong.

Steve71, In answer to your question: All of the above. I Dug today at my camp, but I Surface and creek walk every new chance I get. ( after rain or get new area )

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread