OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Twitch said:
Did you find that in North Carolina?

Yeah.
I also found what I think is a Clovis Spear Point, but it has the tip broke off. And some others, most all broke, all in differant areas.

Attachments

• Points.jpg
    Points.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 562

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds!!! That point does not look like a Clovis. If I had to make a educated guess i would say Guilford. That is a shame with that Bifurcate................... If only we found whole points everyday. Damn Plows!!!!..............................GTP

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Get-the-point said:
Nice finds!!! That point does not look like a Clovis. If I had to make a educated guess i would say Guilford. That is a shame with that Bifurcate................... If only we found whole points everyday. Damn Plows!!!!..............................GTP

I had thought only Paleo Indians, of the Clovis culature only used long spear points for hunting? I'm talking about the one on the left. At it is fluted on one side, at the base. Just like some other clovis points I've looked at online.

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~MetalDigger~ said:
Get-the-point said:

I had thought only Paleo Indians, of the Clovis culature only used long spear points for hunting? I'm talking about the one on the left. At it is fluted on one side, at the base. Just like some other clovis points I've looked at online.

Long Spearpoints have been used for thousands of years. Your point shows a constriction towards the base indicating that it is not a Clovis. Please stand the point up in the picture so i can see the whole features not the side. Some forms of lance blades will show thinning strikes that resemble flutes but were intended to thin out the base. Check out this link and you will see from what i can tell of your point that this is it.

http://www.projectilepoints.net/Pages/Searches/Points/Guilford Yuma.html

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
I have thats site in my favorites.

Long Spearpoints have been used for thousands of years. Your point shows a constriction towards the base indicating that it is not a Clovis. Please stand the point up in the picture so i can see the whole features not the side. Some forms of lance blades will show thinning strikes that resemble flutes but were intended to thin out the base. Check out this link and you will see from what i can tell of your point that this is it.

http://www.projectilepoints.net/Pages/Searches/Points/Guilford Yuma.html

[/quote

Heres the best shots I can get

Attachments

• Spear On End.jpg
    Spear On End.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 532
  • Spear Sideways.jpg
    Spear Sideways.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 530
OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Todays New Find. 1-1-12 Another creek find. Same Creek as the light grey point above. 2" Long X 7/8" Wide.

Attachments

• 1-1-12 point find.jpg
    1-1-12 point find.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 356

Get-the-point

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2009
PA. NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am leaning on the Guilford point for your lance. That is a nice new find. You definitely have a early site..........................GTP

OP
OP
M

~MetalDigger~

Oct 20, 2007
North Carolina
Here is a new piece, or chip. Plus some others, and the everything I've found so far. Every I've found has been in one of either a creek, or a river 3 miles apart. Everything so far has been found in the water, or sand gravel bars. Except the Tanish Lance, or spear point what ever it's called.
I tried to make some better photos.

Thanks for the comments, and help. Feel free to maybe copy, and paste what you think each one may be and reupload it. Or email it to me. [email protected]. I'm just learning, and I'm not sure how to tell a lance, from a spear, or they the same? I know what a knife, scraper, and arrowhead is.

Attachments

• Lite Gray.jpg
    Lite Gray.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 473
  • Quartz Point.jpg
    Quartz Point.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 452
  • Knife.jpg
    Knife.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 451
  • Everything.jpg
    Everything.jpg