Changing my name,,,,

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I`m thinking,,Midden Maiden,,,,,,Debitage Diva,,,Flakey Fran,,something along those lines. LOL. So anyway. I`m not sure what the area was used for, but there is evidence of fire,burnt/shattered rock, tons of flakes, deer teeth and a hoof. Lots of bone pieces, 1 3inch piece of antler, but nothing that would be a tool. So a processing area maybe? Just a burnt midden? Here are some pictures of what I have found. There are about 2 quarts of maybe`s and parts of things that I didn`t bother showing.
My question is this,,,,Does this show a lot of different time periods, or is that too hard to say? I`m just wondering.

Attachments

• S6303070 (640x480).jpg
    S6303070 (640x480).jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 124
  • S6303071 (640x480).jpg
    S6303071 (640x480).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 131
  • S6303074 (480x640).jpg
    S6303074 (480x640).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 107
  • S6303079 (640x480).jpg
    S6303079 (640x480).jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 111
  • S6303077 (640x480).jpg
    S6303077 (640x480).jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks like the stuff I find. Probably a lot of different periods if it was nice land to camp on. I have found all different periods in a spot I go to. I think mine use to be an old crop field back in the day and the plows killed most everything from what I have seen. And the rest that havent got plowed I find facing sideways in the dirt or tip and base up. So if people walk in the area and happen to step on a barley visible artifact it breaks. I would guess I have stepped on them before and didnt even know it. Thanks for the show

theonlinefisherman

Aug 10, 2012
West Central Florida
Detector(s) used
I am a digger of stone, bone, coral, and shell.
I was just given a box from a guy's grandad. He ran a dredge barge on the Alafia River. It pours into Tampa bay. Whenever he ran the dredge, he would find chips and broken stuff. I have gone through it and out of the eighty pieces there are pieces from Paleo all the way to a gun flint. Every piece is so beautiful from its long time in the bay and river mud that even the chips speak to you. Thanks for showing us that stuff !

Sent from my iPad using TreasureNet

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really hard to say on age. Especially if you are hunting water and midens. In Tennessee water, bone does not go back very far as it does not survive unless it was cooked hard. Antler maybe longer in over hangs and shelters. Mississippian era still holds the bone well though woodland not so good. I like all those names. lol.

centfladigger

Feb 6, 2008
Florida
nice assembly of artifacts, more than liely it is allwoodland, woodland sites are where I find the most deer processing stuff, mine are wet sites so thats what preserves it for me down here. I dont know your point types but as small as they are and with the non discipt flaking here and there I wouldsay woodland

OP
OP
tncreeker

tncreeker

Feb 6, 2011
Maggie Valley, N.C.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanx guys,,the rivers edge that I`m searching wasnt always the edge. Just like the rivers in TN., dams have been built and water levels changed etc. The history that I found was interesting. Back in the day, to make an accessable river front for the ferry and flat boats, they had slaves put down layers of stones to make a gentle slope to the water. Then dirt was built up and grass planted etc. So where I`m at is an erosion site, probably 5 ft. from the surface. Its something to do till the corn comes down,,lol. Thanx again.
Lori

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was just given a box from a guy's grandad. He ran a dredge barge on the Alafia River. It pours into Tampa bay. Whenever he ran the dredge, he would find chips and broken stuff. I have gone through it and out of the eighty pieces there are pieces from Paleo all the way to a gun flint. Every piece is so beautiful from its long time in the bay and river mud that even the chips speak to you. Thanks for showing us that stuff !

Take all those pieces and put them in an old mason jar. It really makes them look better. Then set it on a table for decoration.

TENNESSEEGAL

Aug 20, 2005
Oak Ridge, TN
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT and Minelab Excalabur 11
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
theonlinefisherman said:

Fisherman, you should post a thread about them. I'd love to see pictures!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions