My favorite time of the year.......

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I've always felt like my best month for digging is November....been getting out a lot like I do this time of the year...nothing supersweet yet......but I can feel it coming. Here's a few things I've come out with lately.

DSCF0226.JPG IMAG0013.JPG IMAG0043.JPG IMAG0014.JPG IMAG0007.JPG IMAG0051.JPG

Upvote 0
OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
found the drill today ..it was cold.

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
yeah thats a hematite disc i find those quite a bit last few years....

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
I'll go ahead and give myself a 1 star rating...don't wanna give the seriel thread rater the pleasure...

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah they are. Putting in some dues it looks like. I know how it goes real well. Today is the day!

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
SOHIO - do you have any information or personal thoughts (on the disc) on the hematite disc you can share? That's a really cool piece. I've seen one or two of them posted here (I don't remember who found the other, it may have been a earlier post of yours) but don't know anything about them. Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

Joe

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SOHIO - do you have any information or personal thoughts (on the disc) on the hematite disc you can share? That's a really cool piece. I've seen one or two of them posted here (I don't remember who found the other, it may have been a earlier post of yours) but don't know anything about them. Thanks for whatever info you can provide.

Joe

Id like to hear about them also seeing I just found one last week. Mine looks almost like a little hammer stone for use but I have never found one before so I really dont know.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I saw one found on a Ft Ancient site that was very highly polished and an almost perfect circle. It was thicker in the middle than the outer edges and actually looked like what we think a UFO looks like. I think SOHIO's may be the start of a small Hematite Adz that has just been rough pecked and was waiting to be ground into shape.

catherine1

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice dig finds SOHIO. I dig more in the winter also. Cool beads.

OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
Sorry I didn't get back to this thread sooner..Yeah I agree with steve :dontknow: that these were "in process" adzes. I have several small adzes complete with nice sharp bit ends ...one not much bigger than a quarter. I associate these smaller adzes to have been used in smaller detailed jobs but what i dont know...what do you guys think a quarter sized adze could have been used for?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SOHIO

SOHIO

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2010
Primary Interest:
Other
My other theory.......ufo effigies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread