Better Quality Rhyolite Arrowheads

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here's 3 frames from my collection. All were found in the Piedmont region, NC (mainly the NW part). Some found in the area of Morrow Mtn. I have the following types: (3)Guilfords, (3)Kirks, (2)Stanleys, (2)Wills Cove, a Ground Based Adena & an Archaic knife. All made of rhyolite. The 3 arrowheads at the bottom of the large frame are personal finds from Yadkin County. The others I bought from local traders/collectors. Rock, I am goin to try to show you some of my quartz arrowheads tomorrow, I haven't forgot. If any one has any questions, feel free to me ask me. Thanks for looking and have a nice day! 8-)

Attachments

• 0420131058.jpg
    0420131058.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 274
  • 0420131105.jpg
    0420131105.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 270
  • 0420131102.jpg
    0420131102.jpg
    153.9 KB · Views: 477
Upvote 0

bci101tractors

Jan 10, 2013
US
Detector(s) used
whites dfx
garret 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really nice finds man...
Thanks for posting, really enjoyed it.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK I look forward to your quartz. These are interesting. I am glad you decided to join us in this part of the site. You have some really nice artifacts in your collection.

OP
OP
bmartin0693

bmartin0693

Feb 22, 2012
East Bend, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've gathered, I think you guys seem friendlier. The other forum does have some knowledgeable people that lives really close to me. However, I think there is a better sense of humor here and a more variety of postings. This is a really fun website and I'm glad to share my collection with yall! If you want to see something out of my frames, I'll be glad to show single pieces w/ better quality pictures or organize my points by types, age, or material, for your consideration. I'm going to rearrange my quartz frames tonight and take pictures. I'll have some NC quartz examples posted tomorrow.

birdpointgriswold

May 23, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I've gathered, I think you guys seem friendlier. The other forum does have some knowledgeable people that lives really close to me. However, I think there is a better sense of humor here and a more variety of postings. This is a really fun website and I'm glad to share my collection with yall! If you want to see something out of my frames, I'll be glad to show single pieces w/ better quality pictures or organize my points by types, age, or material, for your consideration. I'm going to rearrange my quartz frames tonight and take pictures. I'll have some NC quartz examples posted tomorrow.

Good to hear it bud..I'm in NC also about an 30 mins north east of Raleigh

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool believe it or not I am not far from the area. Maybe 2 hours depending on the connection of the states. If I go 1 hour to the west I am in Al, 1 hour to the north I am in Tn, 2 hours to Blue Ridge where the Carolinas connect. I hpe to see some of the same types you post that I have found. Do you have and large side scrapers you can post made from quartz?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread