An hour of total bliss...

hbrown22

Jul 23, 2013
north Middle Tennessee
Primary Interest:
Other
And no I'm not talking about that :laughing7: Husband and I decided to hit the creek tonight, but only had an hour or so of daylight left. We went to the rock bed that we hadn't hunted in a month or so. Since we have the canoe and we hadn't been finding anything, we haven't looked. Anyway, everywhere we looked we were picking up pieces. Scrapers, broken points, cool rocks, fossils, etc. We were gonna canoe in the morning but we are heading back to the rock bed instead :) Husband found the best one, the oval one in the middle. Is it a scraper? Better pix below. Think I may have found some pottery, I'll have to compare it to the some samples a TNET friend is sending me :)

#1-Our haul of the night. All but the right side have worked edges.

IMG_9016.JPG

#2-Scraper? my husband found. 2 1/2" length, 2" width

IMG_9017.JPG IMG_9018.JPG IMG_9019.JPG

#3-Cool broken point I found. Heat damage on back?

photo (1).JPG IMG_9032.JPG IMG_9033.JPG

#4-broken base, whatever it was it was pretty thick! about 1/2" thick

IMG_9027.JPG IMG_9026.JPG IMG_9028.JPG

#5-another broken point. this one is made from a different material (not chert).

IMG_9023.JPG IMG_9024.JPG

#6-broken drill?

IMG_9029.JPG IMG_9030.JPG

#7-another broken point

IMG_9031.JPG

#8-scraper in situ

photo (2).jpg photo (3).jpg photo (4).jpg

Like always, if you know what something is or if I need correcting, let me know!

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got some nice flaking on all of those. Its a shame most were broken but still better than finding nothing. Good luck in the morning, rock

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I I know your in middle TN !!

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
#2 nice example of Knife, scrapers have a more beveled edge, probably really fits between thumb and finger nicely.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
#2 nice example of Knife, scrapers have a more beveled edge, probably really fits between thumb and finger nicely.

Can we see some of your finds Rege?

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol I only say it because you put it on your profile lol yes it does look a lot alike great pieces !!!

Rege-PA

Jul 13, 2007
Can we see some of your finds Rege? I collected 30 or 40 years ago and most of it is stored away, alot of Monongahela culture items similar to Ft Ancient and other SW PA cultures. I now have difficulty getting around and plowed fields are tuff for me but at some time I will take a few pictures and post. Your finds now keep me interested and I enjoy your collections, one never stops learning and sometimes what you post is a part of a puzzle and if you look hard enough the pieces start to fit and a bigger picture or understanding emerges.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awsome piece in the middle there- the one you got single pics of. I love finding those- I call them scrapers or chunkers depending on how thick and bulky they are. Great finds and a wonderful blissful time you had for sure! HH! Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread