Chubby Tip, Broken Butt, & Scraper

wolfcouncil

Greenie
Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went out to our spot to look for a few hardstone hammers/abraders for my toolkit, and ended up with a couple other small pieces. The farm family who allows us permission has many of the artifacts, but sometimes a hammerstone or broken point turns up. The corn was short in a few rows, and I was blessed with a small oolitic thumbscraper, a chubby little point with a snapped off base made of jasper or a maybe a quartzite, not sure but it was used alot and comes in tones of either yellows/reds or greys/reds or tans/yellows. this one is yellow/red. And then a VERY broken small base. I really like the nicely used abrader, I won't be able to bring myself to use it, since it shows so much use. But I may see how the other stones work for me. I appreciate each piece no matter how broken, I follow every flake scar or toolmark while thinking of the person who made it and used it. Every piece could have such a story to tell, and many thoughts and questions flood my mind, that my heart would love the answers to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wolf can you get any pics to upload? Sounds like a really good area. Be nice to see some pictures. If you are having trouble uploading give me a shout. Good luck!
TnMtns

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The point and scraper look real good. Looks like a good hunt, rock

OP
OP
W

wolfcouncil

Greenie
Aug 26, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone, for the great comments. We really enjoy finding them, as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread