monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I started hunting this creek last summer and found some good things, I had been waiting on hunting season to end. It rained last night and I almost did not go because I knew the water would be high, but what the heck, I thought all I would do is get wet and muddy and boy did I ever. The first 50 yards was unreal. This what I found on two rock bars. 2-8-14 006.JPG 2-8-14 012.JPG 2-8-14 010.JPG I had to stop taken instu pics of pottery because it was so much. I only went 10ft and found these two points 2-8-14 013.JPG 2-8-14 014.JPG 2-8-14 017.JPG 2-8-14 018.JPG 2-8-14 019.JPG I'm going to call the long one a spear point JMO it's 5 1/2in long and the longest point I have ever found made out of local creek chert. Found some old teeth not sure what kind but I will find out. 2-8-14 022.JPG 2-8-14 023.JPG I walked a long way and found a lot of pottery, old bone, a old metal axe head and a old hoe head. I just about to give up for the day going had done got rough. When I had to get out of the creek to go around deep water or a log jam, I had to go thru what we call mock lemon brush. 2-8-14 034.JPG 2-8-14 025.JPG 2-8-14 035.JPG I made it around one more bend and the creek made a drastic change to clay bottom with pot holes every where. Then I found this in the first 25ft 2-8-14 026.JPG 2-8-14 027.JPG 2-8-14 029.JPG 2-8-14 030.JPG 2-8-14 031.JPG I have only found these pot hole like this in one other creek and I found a lot of artifacts in the holes, take a look at the holes and there is 2 more miles of these by what the land owner told me today 2-8-14 032.JPG 2-8-14 033.JPG I call this a artifact trap, as they are washed down the creek they fall in the pot holes and all you have to do is dig them out by hand, and I tried a few but the water was just too dang cold. I have some other finds but I have to clean them up , this is what I've gotten clean. 2-8-14 039.JPG 2-8-14 040.JPG Do you think I found any pottery, this is the first hunt where I took my flipping stick that had that good Mandan mojo on it and I think it worked, I wont go hunting with out it again:laughing7:Walked up on one of my baby's 2-8-14 037.JPG This is my little cabin on the land, my piece of heaven. I had to go in and take a shower before I could get in my jeep. 2-8-14 036.JPG Thanks for looking

Upvote 0

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
man...killer hunt...great in situ pics....love that long blade.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a great creek! That lemon brush looks painful! youchies! Those points are awesome! And you know I am a big fan of pottery! Looks like you have yourself a fantastic creek to hunt!

Cosmo

Aug 22, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet setup with the cabin. Awesome spear point.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you had an exciting and rewarding day out exploring, except for the thorny brambles. Awesome looking long point. :thumbsup:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
....oh man...you are the man!! You found some Great things! That's a long history of finds you have there....bloody good monsterrack...:)

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet every hold has one in it. Great traps in that clay. You found a nice big one. Congratulations. I swear you get over 3.5 and its a monster. Nice deer camp. Everyone needs a little bit of heaven sometimes. The deer looked like a late drop?

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm just gonna say rack that was a hunt in my opinion you get once or twice in maybe twenty years !!!! Just amazing that spear point I call something like that a find of a life time good for you boss !!!!!!

OP
OP
monsterrack

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bet every hold has one in it. Great traps in that clay. You found a nice big one. Congratulations. I swear you get over 3.5 and its a monster. Nice deer camp. Everyone needs a little bit of heaven sometimes. The deer looked like a late drop?

Yes we had a lot of late drops this year, not sure why other than a late rut from last year. During deer season I saw a lot of fawns with spots still with the doe and one of my big rules on my hunting camps is do not take a doe that has a baby with it. If they do and I find out by looking at the milk bag or word of mouth, it's a $100 fine. So I tell my hunters even if the baby does not have spots and could still be nursing don't take the deer.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Phoo!- I call that shrub 'Evil Thorns From Hell'... GREAT finds-- and looks like there's so much more, too- so you really have it made. Courage for going out on such a cold day too. Good on you- HH! Yakker

DeepseekerADS

Gold Member
Mar 3, 2013
SW, VA - Bull Mountain
Detector(s) used
CTX, Excal II, EQ800, Fisher 1260X, Tesoro Royal Sabre, Tejon, Garrett ADSIII, Carrot, Stealth 920iX, Keene A52
Primary Interest:
Other
All I can say is WOW on your point finds! You leave me thinking that I should walk my own creeks too. It might help if I pay more attention to this forum.....

Come August or so I'll have to guard my property from ginseng hunters because of that darned TV show...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread