Couple recent finds

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picked these two up on a couple job sites last week. Unfortunately the construction sites move along to quickly and the top soil is stripped away in no time along with most all the artifacts.
006 (800x600) (2).jpg 003 (800x600) (2).jpg

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ones! So what do they do with the top soil anyway? Be cool if you could sift it before they haul it off. Get a giant sifter.

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Those are nice. It must be good to have a job that you can look for artifacts while you are working.

OP
OP
SCrocks

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ones! So what do they do with the top soil anyway? Be cool if you could sift it before they haul it off. Get a giant sifter.[/QUOTE
Lots of times they make long strips mounds along the edge or just pile other dirt over it. Sometimes they haul it away but it just becomes very difficult to find anything. I had been watching this one small lot for 5 years waiting for it to be cleared. I found a lot when they cleared the one beside it. I stopped by the day they cleared and found the quartz point. Couldn't see anything much because they had pushed the mud around over top. It rained hard that night and I now there were some more washed up so I stopped by mid morning and they had already dug a hole in the back of the lot and pushed off the top layer and covered it with dry dirt.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats a shame they do that but even here they do it and then haul it off and use it for fill dirt for roads. I think they do it on purpose to hide the stuff. If they find bones here they make you put a fence up around it and then nobody is allowed to cross over the property from then on. I believe this is why so many property owners are very weary of people like me wanting to look for arrowheads. I get so many that say no I dont want you to look.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh man great saves! Artifacts are being covered up every day. I saw a barge on the river that was full of dirt and artifacts they excavated. I would have loves to have been able to look at it if nothing else.

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great saves glad you got them out before they were lost again ;)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That larger one sure looks like a really nice knife, Cool Finds!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions