What do we have here?

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these two right outside of an old camp here in SW Texas near the border of Mexico (Big Bend Country). I was told that any white points would be very old but i'm not sure.

Thoughts?

IMG_2758.jpg

Here are some pics from around the camp to try to put it all in context.

IMG_2738.jpg IMG_2745.jpg IMG_2752.jpg

Upvote 0

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Looks like a really nice figueroa arrow head. Probably around 1500 to 3000 yrs old. I don't think the color has anything to do with age. That rock art is awesome.

Last edited:

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice point and bead. And Tejas is right- color has nothing to do w/ age. Still, you have a great site- and we look forward to seeing more of what you find!-- And WELCOME! Yakker

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thats funny you say that about the white ones. I have heard it before from my area that the white ones are older and then a different person said the white ones were only used by the chiefs. Tell you the truth though most white ones here are in the 7-5 B.P. range. The old ones are usually made from a dark brown flint which is rare to find now. Nice point

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and some super nice photos, thanks for posting:thumbsup:and that is an old sea bed , no telling what you may find

TejasDigger

Sep 5, 2009
Texas
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Ace 250, Pro Pointer
Thats funny you say that about the white ones. I have heard it before from my area that the white ones are older and then a different person said the white ones were only used by the chiefs. Tell you the truth though most white ones here are in the 7-5 B.P. range. The old ones are usually made from a dark brown flint which is rare to find now. Nice point

Maybe the white is some type of patina? The point shown here doesn't look white to me though. Either my eyes are jacked up or my computer is??? It's a cool point either way.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe the white is some type of patina? The point shown here doesn't look white to me though. Either my eyes are jacked up or my computer is??? It's a cool point either way.

Why dont you try reading the whole OP as to what was written. Then you would know

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Find by the way!!

. Ive been dying to find anything bigger than a bird point

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry you felt like I was being rude. I am sick today so maybe it came across the wrong way. No offense brother artifact hunters :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
C

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More finds from the same site today. This has certainly sparked a new interest. I've never found a point in my life before now....

IMG_2843.jpg

OP
OP
C

Chris Miller

Jun 27, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found another mortar hole at the site too. This is the only shallow one. The other 4 are all at least 12" deep.

IMG_2837.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread