New Frame

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
Had a few pieces I've acquired over the last few years that needed framing. So I combined them with a bunch of knives i've had for a while into one large frame I hadn't been using. These are all from the Dakota's, and one is from Colorado and one from Iowa. 3 of them have had minor restorations. The Knife River Flint Dovetail in the center is 4 1/4" for size reference, and wa found here in South Dakota.

DSCN3754.JPG
DSCN3755.JPG
DSCN3756.JPG
DSCN3757.JPG

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice looking frames

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those frames are amazing I am NOTWORTY !!!!!!!!

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ancient Indian Magic of course! I'm kidding with you! - The frame quito has appears to be like the ones that a lot of us use and is backed by foam. The artifacts are held in place with slight pressure from the foam rubber when the frame is closed. I believe you can buy them at a hobby store. I get mine at relic shows. I think that they are about $25-$30 or so depending on the size. Don't don't quote me on the price. I haven't bought any in a while.

OP
OP
quito

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
How do you make them stay in place in there?

well, I have added cardboard under the foam to make the fit tighter through out, and for a few pieces that are to thin and till move, I put a small piece of the fabric directly under the piece. The glass holds them in place nice and tight.

ncnurseryman

Jul 28, 2013
north carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah. Thanks for the tips. I want to set mine up to see them better but the small ones slide around such as those awesome little points you sent me Quito.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread