Todays finds

alaldrid

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today's finds

Picked this blank up today in a cutover in NC.

ForumRunner_20140327_184835.png

ForumRunner_20140327_184848.png

Upvote 0

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Woe it doesnt have a ding on it from what I can see. Nice whole piece and the color looks good.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it worked on both sides or flat on the other side?

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
May I ask why you call this a blank? I find these rather frequently, and I still get a thrill out of picking them up. I call these a variety of names. Preform, blade, chopper, big scraper... I've never heard these referred to as a blank. Nice find!!

OP
OP
alaldrid

alaldrid

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
May I ask why you call this a blank? I find these rather frequently, and I still get a thrill out of picking them up. I call these a variety of names. Preform, blade, chopper, big scraper... I've never heard these referred to as a blank. Nice find!!

Thanks, I have always heard preform s called blanks and I use the two words interchangeably. I was very happy to have picked it up.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a very nice one

SouthTexasFinds

Oct 30, 2013
South Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks I would lean more towards calling it a blade myself. Looks like the edges are worked pretty well all around, and appears rather symmetrical. I always figured blanks and preforms were much more rough around the edges and not quite so thin. No matter what you call it, awesome find thanks for sharing

OP
OP
alaldrid

alaldrid

Apr 2, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the looks I would lean more towards calling it a blade myself. Looks like the edges are worked pretty well all around, and appears rather symmetrical. I always figured blanks and preforms were much more rough around the edges and not quite so thin. No matter what you call it, awesome find thanks for sharing

Thanks, it is worked to a nice edge and is thin for its size.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread