Other sherds found with the "graham cracker" one...:)

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
.....had also found these with that "new textured" one that I posted yesterday.....it's also in here, bottom right....:)

RSCN7122.JPG

Upvote 0

VERDE

Bronze Member
Jun 6, 2013
Louisiana
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey curious kat!! NEAT PIECES!! I told GatorBoy, I have found multiple shards in my yard in Florida, also with several shell mounds!! His shards were quite similar to mine!! Anyway, thanks for sharing!! GOOD LUCK and GOOD HUNTING!! VERDE!!

IlliniGuy

Dec 8, 2012
Illinois
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Cat, all those "textured" pieces are also corrugated pottery. They are made by rope and coil method and flattened like the majority you have or pinched like the one you questioned in another post. They were utilitarian ware made I think specifically for cooking. They are pretty common on Anasazi and related culture sites around the Southwest. They came in an array of sizes from small to simply huge. It is pretty amazing the designs that they had come up on some of these. Here is one that was from my collection.
View attachment 968646

Last edited:
OP
OP
curious kat

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi VERDE :)....you should post yours, if you already haven't? It's pretty amazing to find them our own yards alright! Thanks for sharing & Happy Hunting to you also!

And Hello IlliniGuy :hello:....that's a great jug/jar you found, thanks for posting it here! And thank you for all that info. very interesting to know about all of that!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread