rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was glad to find the drill 99% there. Has a tiny chip in the bit and another at the base.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although the Dalton base was a darnit. Another for my broken Dalton frame :sadsmiley:

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...super finds rock....there's some more of that pretty pottery, wonder how they made the patterns on that one...stick, fingernail?...very nice! :)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good to see you had a successful outing! :icon_thumleft: Congratulations on the nice drill.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...super finds rock....there's some more of that pretty pottery, wonder how they made the patterns on that one...stick, fingernail?...very nice! :)

Not sure but it is a rim section. Most of the real good prints were put in the rim area.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, I like the drill also.

The drill is so tiny in size less than 1.5 inches. Im asking you or anyone else......what would they need one so small for? Im thinking beads?

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the drill rock,your getting some finds now i see.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
love the drill rock,your getting some finds now i see.

Thanks jamey for the encouragement on my finds. Everything is tiny where I hunt. Have to wear my reading glasses when I go out just to see the artifacts.

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe it doubled as an awl.There's also a lot of things it could have been used for.Making fishhooks,anything where small perferations were needed clothes footwear personal adornments.Or maybe they used the small drill bit to big bit process?????....mjm

huntress104

Apr 6, 2011
kentucky
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
those are some great pieces Rock! You know I love that pottery rim. Did those come from the field where they sprayed the grass? I sure am looking forward to getting over to my plowed field on Saturday. We just had a good hard rain here last night and supposed to get more tonight. Looks like I'm gonna have to get my waders out.:laughing7:
:walk:

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
those are some great pieces Rock! You know I love that pottery rim. Did those come from the field where they sprayed the grass? I sure am looking forward to getting over to my plowed field on Saturday. We just had a good hard rain here last night and supposed to get more tonight. Looks like I'm gonna have to get my waders out.:laughing7:
:walk:

I actually found it in the creek. It was sitting rite on top of a large sand and gravel bar. We are getting rain today and over the weekend. I will be back out there when the water goes down to look again. The farmers are in the fields now trying to get them ready for planting so I stay out of their way this time of the yr. After they are done they will call me to let me know if I can hunt the fields or not. I try not to disturb them till they are done. Good Luck

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow man- you got a great buncha stuff there- the drill being an enviable item. Funny how worked pieces seem to 'surf' to the top like that. I try to describe how pieces look on a crowded (rocky, pebbly, whatever) beach- and all I can think of is that they are like little surf boards. They surf to the top. Maybe not all the time, but boy, they sure seem to more often than not- not the water. Great stuff, and thanks for the show! Yak

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread