Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
Hardyville, KY
Detector(s) used
garrett A.T. gold

Other detectors: fisher F2/ Garrett ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was hitting a plowed field I have hit for about 5 years and found plenty of artifacts. I have never found the first modern piece to indicate recent humans in this area other then trash thT had been thrown out. I found this marble looking piece in a hot spot in that field. It is very very glossy and feels lighter then a marble. Could this be some kind of bead artifact? Thanks.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    472 KB · Views: 94
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 90
Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If not stone then it looks like a clay marble. I have found maybe 8-10 of them while hunting fields in Missouri.

Don't think anyone has ever been able to document or proved they were made by native American or used as trade items by the white traders..

American by birth, Patriot by choice.

I would rather die standing on my two feet defending our Constitution than live a lifetime on my knees......

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
looks too white to be clay and no chips that i can see,looks hard too amost looks like glass be neat if it was ivory.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it was a bead there would be a hole and it looks to have a high gloss to it for an old marble:dontknow:

rockheadhunter421

Mar 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That looks exactly like what I found last week. The clear-cut I was searching had pieces of glass, pieces of antique toys, more trash and artifacts mixed together from an old homeplace. My buddy found one of them old white door knobs that you would see on wooden houses from the early 1900s. I don't think them people knew they were living on top of an archaic site. Here's a picture of what I picked up there. I thought that marble was cool so I picked it up anyway. Like I said though all the broken toys and glass was probably older than the mid 1900s. I think you have a marble also.

Attachments

• 0404141243a.jpg
    0404141243a.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread