Took a Young Friend Hunting Today-Another Point or Drill Question!

VOL1266-X

Gold Member
Jan 10, 2007
Northern Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1266-X, F75 X 2
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I made a CW history video this morning for Today's Finds. It was hot this afternoon but I called a young friend, neighbor, & cousin who loves to hunt relics and artifacts. An exceptionally bright young man who appreciates the cultures of past Native Americans. We went to a field his family owns where we had both found good points in the past and the corn was already over a foot high. We found the artifacts on the orange towel. J.E. smiles with the point (or drill) he found. Nothing exciting but we had fun as usual. Is his artifact a drill or point? Need help in Tennessee. HH, Quindy.

Attachments

• DSCN1185.JPG
    DSCN1185.JPG
    564.8 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN1185 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN1185 - Copy.JPG
    68 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN1186.JPG
    DSCN1186.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 67
Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The one pictured by itself is definitely a point... It would be considered an expanded notch point.
Maybe with a couple better photos of it from both sides and the state where it was found we might be able to figure out good idea of what type it is it could possibly be a Bolen sub-type.. ( early archaic)

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Around here in this part of GA they call them "fish spear point" I dont know why though, maybe cause they look as if it could cut the water IDK.
You got some nice ones

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's one happy young man !!! Good job and nice finds ;) early archaic point for sure it's old ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread