rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice piece but not a Native American item. Maybe post it in a different section of the forum, rock

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I believe you have a fur trade era broach which would have been traded to the natives and was most likely owed by one. Do you have any pictures of it cleaned up? Any markings on it? They tended to decorate large ones.

Glenn C

Nov 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Here is a link that may help

http://www.barkingrock.com/catalogd.htm

Of course it is hard to tell but the broach pin looks right.

I would vote banner but not many people understand how few and far between these finds are so I doubt it will. I would post it in fur trade finds so those interested in it can view it, Awesome hand made piece!

Oh you may want to check around that area. Maybe by the easiest water source from where you found it ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
Johnlightning

Johnlightning

Sep 2, 2008
Indian Territories
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Etrac and SE Pro
Best detectors built by far!
Thank you Glenn. No one in this area has found a full one like it,only pieces. Most around here believe its Creek Indian and is hand made.
JOHN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rock that is most probably a Native American produced and owned item. And a cool find. I am familiar with Johnlightning's part of the world and its history, as my ancestors were a big part of it. Do you think that's German Silver, John? Could very well be a native made item, as the tribes that were removed to the Indian Nations definitely had the capability to produce that sort of thing. Good argument for a fur trade item also. Most people don't know it, but French trappers frequented SE Oklahoma from a very early date, probably even before the removal. Note all the French place names and family names in SE Oklahoma to this day. Good find, John, and lookin forward to see what else you may come up with. You might post it over in the fur trade forum too and see what those guys think.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I think of NA artifacts I think of stone not metal due to the area I live in. We don't find metal goods here. Like I always have said I could be wrong but am always learning. I believe if somebody stops learning they will never know what they are missing, rock

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread