larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
i will put a link on the following post for "double ditch indian village"....north of bismarck where i have lived most of my life
my

in 1959 when i was an 8 year old cub scout my troup went 15 miles north of bismarck where i still live.....they took us on an outing to double ditch......
......double ditch is a huge site surrounded by two fortification ditches,....(and now we have evidence that there were three)
as with the same type of pottery you have seen me post this is another mandan hidatsa arikara site in the dakotas
i picked up about the same amount of pottery along with a KRF scraper and we were only there for an hour or so.......
......when we got back to our headquarters at the Trinity Lutheran church our scout leaders had us mix up some plaster of paris and pour it into some pie tins to"preserve the artifacts" haha hehe
here is the result of my first hunt in 1959 (i never made it to eagle scouts cuz i was too much of a tractor drivin' ornery little farmer boy").............
.....so here you have it.....the site i care for now is an hour awy from this place but the artifacts are all similar.......just exactly the same

what do you think......as for those of you that i have sent gift scrapers and pottery pieces they will not look any different that what you already have

IMG_3317.jpg

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i had almost forgot about the two krf scrapers you had sent with the walking stick,but they look alike,same shape.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No wonder you find so many artifacts, your old as dirt and more than likely drop them while playing:laughing7: Just joking Steve that is way cool that you have them still ,most folks would have lost them by now.:thumbsup:

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
thanks so much Mr Larson but i would really like to see a mosaic made out of them and maybe givin to a Mandan elder.i wonder if Kat would help she has a talent like she does with the pottery pieces she finds,just something to say sorry for how are ancesters treated them,id chip in to pay her cause i think she would make something outstanding with them.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A lot of cool history around you. You find some amazing artifacts to prove it.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is cool you still have them. I have my first ones in an old box with some marbles! History brother!

curious kat

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2013
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
....eyes.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What a great story & share...thanks for that Larson.:icon_thumright:

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story I still have my first as well ;)

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure those are some good memories from the past. :thumbsup: Awesome!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread