Native American Calumets and knife

Relic junkie

Aug 10, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone on this site tell me anything about these artifacts I inherited from my father? I have seen a few similar online but have yet to find anything conclusive as to their origin or value. Any info would be greatly appreciated. photos of artifacts3.JPG photos of artifacts4.JPG artifactknifesheath.jpg photos of artifacts2.JPG

Upvote 0

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
real history

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
did your father go to canada?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Moved to NA Indian Artifact Forum

quito

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2008
south dakota
Detector(s) used
good eyes
The knife is modern for sure, the other 2 pieces very suspect as to age as well. At least IMHO.

Neanderthal

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2006
oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
They're contemporary reproductions, or, at least most of them are. The stone pipes (first and last piece) are modern interpretations of "Great Pipes" - the beaver one was created with a dremel or similar rotary tool. The knife is slabbed obsidian set into a bone handle that was contoured with either a file or bench grinder. The beaded case is the only one that I can't tell a lot about from the pic, a larger image of the beadwork would help greatly.

Hope this helps.

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was thinking they look less genuine left to right. :icon_scratch: The piece on the left looks the realist the knife and the beaver look more like replicas. :dontknow: I'd get a 2nd opinion on the pipe to the left. ??? More photo's "Would" be cool !! 8-)

Keep @ it and HH !! :hello2:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They're contemporary reproductions, or, at least most of them are. The stone pipes (first and last piece) are modern interpretations of "Great Pipes" - the beaver one was created with a dremel or similar rotary tool. The knife is slabbed obsidian set into a bone handle that was contoured with either a file or bench grinder. The beaded case is the only one that I can't tell a lot about from the pic, a larger image of the beadwork would help greatly.

Hope this helps.

Matt is correct. Both of the Pipes and the Knife are modern reproductions. Chances are the Beaded Bag is too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread