Help finding good arrowhead spots around Ohio

JPirate

Greenie
Jun 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! New here and wanted to know if there are any good locations to hunt arrowheads around southern Ohio? Not sure of the laws (not looking to break any) and just wanted to have a good Labor Day weekend with my wife hunting for arrowheads. Also would be willing to go any other direction to hunt, so long as it's not too far from the Ohio border. Any assistance would be appreciated, I apologize for my ignorance here, just recently got the bug! Thanks for your time!

Upvote 0

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey everyone! New here and wanted to know if there are any good locations to hunt arrowheads around southern Ohio? Not sure of the laws (not looking to break any) and just wanted to have a good Labor Day weekend with my wife hunting for arrowheads. Also would be willing to go any other direction to hunt, so long as it's not too far from the Ohio border. Any assistance would be appreciated, I apologize for my ignorance here, just recently got the bug! Thanks for your time!
Welcome to T-net JPirate. Try this section here. The folks are very good at hunting and collecting maybe they can help :thumbsup:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What part of southern Ohio are you from? Most of the fields here in Scioto and surrounding counties are all covered in crops and unhuntable. You can hunt creeks, river banks, and construction sites though, but always get permission first before going on any property.

OP
OP
J

JPirate

Greenie
Jun 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Reaper! Actually from central Ohio. I was thinking about southern Ohio because I feel like I've heard it's a good place to go. Again, new to this though, so anywhere in or around Ohio would be fine if we can find a place. I was thinking creeks and the like, just tr

OP
OP
J

JPirate

Greenie
Jun 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Trying to get the ball rolling and figure out how to get started. Any assistance would be appreciated, and thanks for the response!

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There were a couple guys on here from your area that did really well hunting creeks in the Licking county area. Not sure exactly where though.

OP
OP
J

JPirate

Greenie
Jun 14, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks again Reaper! I'll look into it!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread