Lucky Kid--Clovis find?

BJS in Iowa

Jun 21, 2011
Iowa
People go their whole lives wishing to find one of these. It doesn't even say what the archeologist said about type but it looks like a clovis.

Virginia boy finds 10,000-year-old projectile point on beach on Jersey Shore - NY Daily News

article-arrow-0825.jpg

Upvote 0

jamey

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
really neat story ,i herd it was a million dollar find on a florida beach today though,thanks too mom.

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting find.

Given that sea levels between 13k and 10k years ago were 300 feet lower than they are today, one would think that there are probably more Clovis points offshore than there are on land.

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He needs to donate it to the GaRebel museum of artifacts located here in Southwest Georgia! :laughing7:

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just found a point right where the kid found his mine is smaller though. Princeton professor said the kids was jasper. What is jasper? Mines the same color.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lets see it then.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just found a point right where the kid found his mine is smaller though. Princeton professor said the kids was jasper. What is jasper? Mines the same color.

The jasper is yellowish brown. You can see it where there is a fresh nick on the lower edge, mid section, in this photo. The salt water created the black patina.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 115

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Looks like it found him! Great story.

Quote from the kid's mother:

"I think it's super cool that this happened," said Andrea Cordle. "But it's not ours. It's for everybody. My father-in-law died recently and he collected arrowheads and my husband thinks this was from his father. We know his father would have loved to see it. And from the bottom of my soul, I feel it's meant to be seen by everybody."

So maybe the kid's grandfather was trying to inspire the kid to collect

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote from the kid's mother: "I think it's super cool that this happened," said Andrea Cordle. "But it's not ours. It's for everybody. My father-in-law died recently and he collected arrowheads and my husband thinks this was from his father. We know his father would have loved to see it. And from the bottom of my soul, I feel it's meant to be seen by everybody." So maybe the kid's grandfather was trying to inspire the kid to collect
I like this thanks for sharing something truly special !!!!

Vikingblood

Sep 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To Rock: I can't find the pic right now but I had already posted here. The name of the thread I posted it under is called. Not all treasure is metal.

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lucky little turd:laughing7:If that wouldn't get someone hooked for life,I don't know what would.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
I wander if he'd trade that Clovis for a 1995 tops baseball card set, two snow cones and a fireball?? I think I'll look for his e-mail address!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread