rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's is the time of my hunt today. After 2 pm its just to hot in the fields around here. These are my best for today. Now the small black point I spotted while I was leaving driving down the road. I always look while driving slow. It was 4 rows away from me. I saw it sitting on red clay. I was hungry for a good point after that many hours of walking. HH, rock

Attachments

• SDC11437.JPG
    SDC11437.JPG
    737.4 KB · Views: 110
  • SDC11433.JPG
    SDC11433.JPG
    702.2 KB · Views: 112
  • SDC11435.JPG
    SDC11435.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 105
Upvote 0

bilt46

Oct 11, 2008
around town
Detector(s) used
CZ5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice mini, Your last pic is the type stuff I mostly find - are the types of tools? BillT.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice mini, Your last pic is the type stuff I mostly find - are the types of tools? BillT.

Yes they are tools and whole ones. Some things you just don't know what the heck they were used for. Some type of scrapers I guess

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice little one rock.

Thanks man! I was hating to leave without finding something worth the day. Its a long dirt road that goes around one of the fields. I have found them before while driving slow. Just throw it in park and run out and pick them up. Its a small Camp Creek found it in the Woodland site probably dates 1500 B.P. like the others I have found in that spot.

Last edited:

painterx7

Silver Member
Jul 20, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet little point rock and great eye !!!

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks man! I was hating to leave without finding something worth the day. Its a long dirt road that goes around one of the fields. I have found them before while driving slow. Just throw it in park and run out and pick them up. Its a small Camp Creek found it in the Woodland site probably dates 1500 B.P. like the others I have found in that spot.

All/Any finds are a thrill. Just some more so than others. You have a sharp eye.

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All/Any finds are a thrill. Just some more so than others. You have a sharp eye.

Yeah they are a thrill but when you pop so many that are broken beyond knowing what they were it gets frustrating and well worth it if 1 or 2 are found whole.
I didn't show the pile of broken pieces I found today. Probably 100

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a nice one Rock. That's what it takes now days is putting in the hunting time.

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Rock…I like those triangles..you say Camp Creek..it looks like a Madison/Hamilton to me…but either way…a nice save!

OP
OP
rock

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well done Rock…I like those triangles..you say Camp Creek..it looks like a Madison/Hamilton to me…but either way…a nice save!

Thanks It was in my recent Late Woodland camp site I found last month so it could be what you say it is. All of the tiny points I have found in that section have been rite around the 1500 B.P. time frame. Did you see the Pestle I found? Looks like it will be the best for me for the year so far.

Attachments

• SDC11284.JPG
    SDC11284.JPG
    1,014 KB · Views: 67

eastTNJoe

Mar 4, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks It was in my recent Late Woodland camp site I found last month so it could be what you say it is. All of the tiny points I have found in that section have been rite around the 1500 B.P. time frame. Did you see the Pestle I found? Looks like it will be the best for me for the year so far.

Yes…a horse hove I think you called it…a truly awesome find.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread