d2

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2005
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro/Cibola Garrett ATPro
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
and is one of my favorites. the reason I like it so is that its made in the shape of a hunting knife that you can buy now. Befor anyone says anything I dont think it's broken, I think it was made this way on purpose but if anyone has any notion other than mine please feel free to say so...d2

Attachments

• DSC01673.JPG
    DSC01673.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 383
  • DSC01674.JPG
    DSC01674.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 392
Upvote 0
A

Atlantis0077

Hey Dude,

Nice piece. I would agree with you there...probably not broken....unless just that little chink out of the top side but that also could have been made that way. The natural curvature of the blade was done well and on purpose. Those guys weren't stupid, they knew what worked. We make knives today with curved blades because that form still works...lol

Atlantis

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you... looks like it was purposely designed that way! Nice find!!

Bran <><

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200
Oh yeah! That's beautiful! ;D I use knives that are shaped that way, and yes, they're great STILL! Nice find....I'm jelous... ;)

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Great find !!!!!Its my opinion, that point was perfect when it was made 700 -1,000 yrs ago. And broke as it hit a boulder or rock, I always say if these points could only talk ,,,

Regards Simon

jbl04410

Feb 11, 2007
Hermon,Maine
Detector(s) used
My eagle eyes
Hey simon it is very possible that the blade was broken then reworked.But I would think it was a lot older than 700-1000 years old........Jay

SimonLakeSub

Dec 6, 2006
Hi Jay ,,,,Once again ,,Just my opinion, The point does not look like it was re touched, after the fracture/shattered, Hard to tell by the picture. It would look nice in my collection lol, I have found similar points, But here in New York ( along the coast and long Island ) they are made of White Quartz. Some yrs back I examined a guys large collection of points ( about 150 miles away ) and of about 5,000 flint points He had only 3 quartz points. As far as how old ,, well will go 1500 yrs, give or take a few yrs . ha ha ha.
Have a great day !!!! can't wait till the weather breaks to get out there.
Regards Simon.....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread