Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
More Of Today's Finds!

Mrs. old digger and I were privileged to get out this afternoon, and we were quite fortunate to find an excellent assortment of finds.

The Mrs. found this beautiful unique Agate (black & white) thumb-scraper.

Folder # 3 004.JPG "in-situ"

Folder # 3 009.JPG

Folder # 3 010.JPG Folder # 3 007.JPG

I found this really nice red thumb-scraper.

Folder # 3 003.JPG "in-situ"

Folder # 3 011.JPG Folder # 3 012.JPG

I believe that this was a halfted-knife. It doesn't have the finer workings, but the base somewhat resembles a Scotts-bluff. It is also quite thin.

Folder # 3 023.JPG Folder # 3 022.JPG

I also found these nice cores.

Folder # 3 005.JPG

These were all found at a new area, and you can bet we will going back at a later time.

Attachments

• Folder # 3 008.JPG
    Folder # 3 008.JPG
    777.1 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ever find any porcellanite?

I think so. Do you have an example that I can compare with? If you do, could you share a photo of it along-side a piece of the silicaic-sandstone. Thanks!

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
I think so. Do you have an example that I can compare with? If you do, could you share a photo of it along-side a piece of the silicaic-sandstone. Thanks!

yup but i am so disorganized that i dunno if i could find them????

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They call it "cold cream jar" here. Due to it looks like the old jar material. Im sure that is what you are talking about rite?

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
They call it "cold cream jar" here. Due to it looks like the old jar material. I'm sure that is what you are talking about rite?

yup

there are several types but the one type that diggers or me might find in ND or MT would be the kind you are talking about...........
......and most likely is from northern wyoming around the areas where the bituminous coal beds are

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great in situ pic of the red thumb scraper. It really stands out like, well, a sore thumb.

We were walking up a wash and we came to a Y, and I told the Mrs. to take the left and I would take the right. I didn't have to take two steps and there was the red thumb-scraper, but after the Mrs. took the left side and she only walked about fifteen feet and found the beautiful bi-colored agate scraper. When she found that scraper she let out a holler and other than her occasional nose blowing (allergies), I do not believe there were any deer or other critters within a couple miles.

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
you know i think that could very well be the porcellanite.....sure looks like it......

.....since we are not that far apart up here in the north country i thought i could hear her holler also on that day...........imo she was trying to holler in "the old way"....."the right way" for the AI people! hehe

i do think you have some porcellanite there......or maybe our friend 'mamabear' might call it agatized wood......i may be way off on this but just sayin it sure seems like it???

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use to chase the women, lol

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
...my uncle used to tell me he wanted to die at 95...in bed....shot by a jealous husband....

OP
OP
old digger

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:laughing9: Boy!!! I sure did get this off track!!! :laughing9:

...my uncle used to tell me he wanted to die at 95...in bed....shot by a jealous husband....

Hopefully "she" was a lot younger? :laughing9:

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
well i'll tell you..."she" told me once..."when i was younger I used to sell it, now that i am older i have to buy it back"....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread