TX Bird Points...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Plus a few random things.

Today was the misses birthday, and she wants to go hunt for points... Bird points to be exact.

So off we go to our bird point site.

30 minutes into it, here's what we got:
fd24c228e3979ec6f3ce2dd99a3cde0c.jpg

We ended up stumbling upon another massive calcite formation, and spent the rest of the afternoon chiseling out a bunch of these:
a160d9409e5d44582fee866721dbfd6f.jpg

After we grabbed up a good amount of calcite, we got back to the house and checked the mail that we neglected to check yesterday... And waiting for us was package 1 of 3 from a good buddy - each containing an Indian Wars era Texas button - each having a different backmark. (I'll post these up elsewhere on the forum when the other two arrive.)

The Turkey were out in masses, a woodpecker marked time like a metronome while hunting points, and a Roadrunner decided to discredit his species and WALK across our path, haha.

All in all, a perfect Sunday.

~Tejaas~

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice points.The can of copenhagen isn't looking bad either,just a little too expensive for my blood,best there is though!hh

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Don't know if anyone is interested. Heading out of San Antonio, going North on HWY 281, you get to Spring Branch. Just past it, at the first roadcut/hill on the right, there is a calcite geode formation. Not the prettiest, but large and small they are interesting. Roads going south from there have the same deposit, but roadside is the best...

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That yellow and white one is sweet but all are good finds.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't know if anyone is interested. Heading out of San Antonio, going North on HWY 281, you get to Spring Branch. Just past it, at the first roadcut/hill on the right, there is a calcite geode formation. Not the prettiest, but large and small they are interesting. Roads going south from there have the same deposit, but roadside is the best...

Thanks for the info, I run through that area some and I will check this out:thumbsup:

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
Very nice bird points:thumbsup:I would rather find 1 good bird point to 2 larger points any day.

well if you like finding the tiny arrow points rather than big stuff my field is the one cuz i can't ever find anything except tiny points

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions