bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't post in this area of TreasureNet, but a little while ago I got into Native artifacts because a friend is very into it. He took me to his Woodland site and these were my finds. I've got some scrapers, effigies, pottery, stone tools, bone etc. Here's some. I'd like some help with a point I found. It appears to be fluted, but wouldn't that predate it before everything else? I'm still very new and need to learn a lot. Thanks!

Attachments

• image-4151346795.jpg
    image-4151346795.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 112
  • image-1516745287.jpg
    image-1516745287.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 127
  • image-3792183351.jpg
    image-3792183351.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 110
  • image-2844571130.jpg
    image-2844571130.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 106
Upvote 0

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are off to a nice start. Thanks for sharing.

I agree. You have a nice variety of pottery designs, and the item in the second pic, second row, third from left looks like the tip (distal) end of a point.

bone2stone

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Where is the Fluted point?
If it is the one in your hand that my friend is most likely a scraper.
Not a point.
Definitely on the right track though.
If you are finding pottery then there is the likelihood that there are points to pick.

Jess B.

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. If you look to the top of the artifact in the first picture of it in my hand, there's a "notch" or something which led my friend to believe it looked fluted, and after seeing some fluted points it sorta looked like that, but again, I'm new and not sure. The place we're at is a dump site so whole points are not too common, mostly broken ones or blanks.

Mrtodd

Aug 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Id like to see more pics of middle row, third from the right...just curious, thanks.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks everyone. If you look to the top of the artifact in the first picture of it in my hand, there's a "notch" or something which led my friend to believe it looked fluted, and after seeing some fluted points it sorta looked like that, but again, I'm new and not sure. The place we're at is a dump site so whole points are not too common, mostly broken ones or blanks.

It may well be a recycled point into a scraper. All of the pottery is awesome and that's what I mostly find but once in a while I run across a tool or point. You've got something good there, that's for sure.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice collection. 1st frame has some nice pottery shards. 2nd frame does have some artifacts but also rocks. 3rd item is a artifact but looks to be a reduction piece. It has sharp tips so it could of been used as a graver.

OP
OP
bottlehunterofcoscob

bottlehunterofcoscob

Bronze Member
Dec 25, 2012
Southern CT
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection. 1st frame has some nice pottery shards. 2nd frame does have some artifacts but also rocks. 3rd item is a artifact but looks to be a reduction piece. It has sharp tips so it could of been used as a graver.[/QUOTE

I know some of them seem to be just rocks but there is work on all of them and some of them are also flint pieces.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread