Texas Digs (Site 1B)...

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've been a bit slow lately with posting my finds...
Here is a quick/abbreviated summarization.

These were all from a quick surface hunt of the same site... Maybe an hour long each, on two different days (Thanksgiving & Christmas Day, actually!) Almost two inches of rain fell between the first and second hunts.

--Bottom/Right broken base was actually found a few months back elsewhere and is in the display awaiting a superglue reunion with its top half.--

dc1b9fd675734ac909797b7a1bb15880.jpg

0fc8331563cd51848880be35870d122e.jpg

7f0a594f1fbbdd75387ec513ff475840.jpg

de21559b58af34e992b0c04eb77d5f4e.jpg

The Mano was found dead center of the "dig".

We initially scraped this site (Site 1A) almost exactly 1 year ago to start a sifting effort... We hit a heavy concentration of artifacts right off the bat and started this second site (cleverly named "Site 1B").

Site 1B is 1" topsoil pushed to the end of a 40' x 20' wide area - essentially just an expansion on one side of Site 1A (which I posted previously here on TNET.)

Just the initial peeling back of the top layer has again exposed enough artifacts that we are trying to play catchup "surface hunting" the scrape and picking up the stuff lying on top uncovered so as to prevent breakage from livestock hooves and the tractor.

For those who may not remember, or missed my first post of this site a year ago... Here is what the initial take at Site 1A amounted too.

b7aef9d783ecf91da73dc3091f029f57.jpg

There are more artifacts from the recent hunts at 1A/1B, but the manner in which I photographed the layouts exposes some "for catalog purposes" information I do not want freely circulating the web. As I start separating the artifacts and assigning them to displays I will begin providing additional photos and close-ups. With our first probability of sleet and ice tonight I expect the upcoming weeks will provide ample time for indoor archiving time, haha. I HATE winter.

~Tejaas~

Upvote 0

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
(1)You boys keep going and there won't be any left for anyone else
(2)You are driving the anthro folks crazy
(3)Other than this couple of days of low 35* and high 50*, we really don't have much winter. This time of year is perfect. I'm playing golf Friday. I hate summer now. Way warmer than it needs to be.
(4)Impressive finds. I enjoy looking at them, but my diggin days are done. I still am active, just on a golf course...

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and good luck finding the other half. All the old ones I have found are always missing the blade ends.

OP
OP
Tejaas

Tejaas

Sep 8, 2012
TX Hill Country
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO ~ Propointer ~ Modified Lesche ~ Predator Little Eagle ~ Royal Picks ~ Marshalltown Trowels ~ Sift Tables/Screens
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds man! Don't look like it's gonna be a warm New Years for ya

Freezing cold and raining... absolutely miserable weather.

But of course it is - I really had stuff I wanted to do outside, haha.

Thanks for all the comments, folks.

~Tejaas~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions