My dads collection found. Need help with what do I have.

Larryb

Dec 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
He guys, a few of these are my finds from central OH. Most of them are my fathers that I found in some of his things. He labeled some of them, OH, Georgia, Fla...
About 175 points and a couple other things. Any ID help would be appreciated.
002.JPG 003.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 010.JPG 012.JPG 011.JPG

Upvote 0

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The second photo might be an engraved spindle whorl.

In the last photo, the point on the right with a reddish damaged tip looks Paleo. Not sure of the type, but it's got nice flaking and was a nice find. The points in the 5th photo from Ga. look like they were found in water perhaps; they look water worn. Nice collection!

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
That point jumped out at me too Charl. Don't take my word as the gospel. However, I believe I've seen points like that listed as agate basins. Agate may be a lithic, some of you guys know far better than I. It looks kinda like a hellgap, however, I think it's larger than a hellgap. This may be gibberish.... Regardless, I feel confident of the paleo call!

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That point jumped out at me too Charl. Don't take my word as the gospel. However, I believe I've seen points like that listed as agate basins. Agate may be a lithic, some of you guys know far better than I. It looks kinda like a hellgap, however, I think it's larger than a hellgap. This may be gibberish.... Regardless, I feel confident of the paleo call!

Do ya'll think the gray one to the left of it is a Palmer?

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice ear (plug?- not sure of name) thingie next to the possible spindle whorl. And nice drill to! You've got some wonderful artifacts there. Your dad was a fine collector :thumbsup: Yakker

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive collection! Definetly a collection to be proud.It represents many hours of a persons life doing what they love to do.There is a lot of yeehaws in that bunch.I got to ask do you have any more hard stone like axes? Thanks for the view...mjm

OP
OP
L

Larryb

Dec 24, 2012
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very impressive collection! Definetly a collection to be proud.It represents many hours of a persons life doing what they love to do.There is a lot of yeehaws in that bunch.I got to ask do you have any more hard stone like axes? Thanks for the view...mjm

This is the only ax like stone I have. I picked it up from a hole I had dug while metal detecting. Looks ax like to me but I have no idea if it was made that way or just looks like it. That is why I did not post it with the others.
002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 001.JPG

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe a celt- show a pic of the 'blade' or working end of it. Looks like it may have an established edge, but hard to tell. Yakker

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about some more pics of number 2, "spindle whorl" others are calling it, I have never seen anything like it, very cool.

Nice collection.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread