Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As my schedule begins to clear I will post more pics of points I have found in the SC Lowcountry. FYI: The soil here in the coastal area of the SC Lowcountry is for the most part sandy and lacking in stones and rocks so the only distractor when eyeballing points would be oyster shell. The closest source of Agate/Chert is about 40 miles west so any pieces found in the field were brought in by humans.

I found this point in a plowed field in Seabrook SC and it is my favorite due to the colorations. As mentioned in a previous post I know very little about points but willing to learn.
SBF..jpg
SBB..jpg

Upvote 0

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Very pretty and I can see why it's your favorite. It looks like it could be a Palmer like the one in my avatar and that would date it early Archaic/late Paleo transition if it is. Great find!

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes real pretty material! I have heard of people in areas like you're talking about dragging a machete through the sand in known campsites in order to locate artifacts underneath with some success. Good Luck!

OP
OP
Dug

Dug

Bronze Member
Feb 18, 2013
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
XP Deus/Sovereign GT.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Yes real pretty material! I have heard of people in areas like you're talking about dragging a machete through the sand in known campsites in order to locate artifacts underneath with some success. Good Luck!

That's crazy. Kind of sounds like trying to drink the ocean with a spoon.

yakker

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2012
Down East
Detector(s) used
spec enhanced eyeballs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mighty handsome point right there :thumbsup: You just keep eye-ballin' those nice points, and we'll keep cheering you on ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread