Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Upvote 0

here4themoney

Mar 3, 2015
SE Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garret AT Gold - White's Prizm IV - BountyHunter Quick Draw II - BountyHunter Pioneer 101 - Compass Judge
Garrett Pro Pointer - Gold Pans and Sluices
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
to claim he bought it from a PA dealer is a big stretch , the person is in PA , but they said "I am no expert" and never claimed to be a collector.. But other than that I don't see an issue here. I have purchased many things on ebay cheap because people didn't know what they were selling and I did, and I have labeled them properly and resold them right on ebay for lots more, it's a good method.. Perhaps the person selling this does know a lot about it and has identified it correctly. Although claiming it was acquired from a collector is a bit deceiving, I will give you that.

justonemore

Oct 31, 2011
Indiana
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ebay, you never know. There is a person from Indiana selling about 10 Clovis points, all about the same size for $89 each. Now, what are the odds?

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have reported seller's to e-bay for selling bogus stuff (stuff that I made)and they did nothing. They just want to get their part of the sell.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't expect anything different.. Not even in a bad way I just think its not eBay's duty to police like that.
" buyer beware"

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Who is to say its not real.....

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
So the monolithic axe for $99 isn't real? Next you are going to say the platform pipes aren't good either? They still had dirt on them, you can't fake that.

Yep, eBay has just about given up trying to police their listings. Every once in a while they'll delete a couple of listings, but for the most part it's just garbage out there with a couple of decent sellers who still post on the site.

Last edited:
OP
OP
unclemac

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
you made me laugh out loud

redbeardrelics

Jan 3, 2014
Maryland's Eastern Shore
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, (Ace 250 spare)
Primary Interest:
Other
Good info and action Unclemac. I went to the first listing you referenced, and coincidently while I was looking at it, the auction was ended or withdrawn. Good on you for publicly questioning the authenticity of the items, and the way the re-seller was misrepresenting them.
Unfortunately, some segments of current pop culture may try to put a "guilt trip" on people for doing the right thing, or for standing up and taking issue with wrong doing, but it is good to remember that those who would do that, are usually just looking for company in their own misery and/or corruption. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread