New york
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg image.jpg

Any help I could get to identify what any of these rocks are would be great. The first one appears to have something broken off inside it. It's obviously some kind of tool. The other 5 pieces with holes through them I believe to be fishing weights? The two white pieces I think are bone. They too have been drilled out. Looking forward to any feedback... Thanks

Upvote 0

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a piece of sedimentary rock with crinoid or spiral snail shell fossils in it..the impressions anyway.
The two light colored pieces might be kaolin clay pipe stem pieces.
The dark ones....?? Not sure,but definitely natural,maybe fossils.

OP
OP
S

SMALLIEWHACKER

Tenderfoot
Feb 22, 2015
New york
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't!!!! I think people on here are a farce!! It's comical really!! If you have not a clue please be humble enough to realize it!!!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Whoa Smallie.
Gator knows his stuff and is recognized for his experience.
You asked for feedback and offer no thanks when you receive it?
Here's a couple clues. Don't ask for what you can't handle, and be humble yourself.

Last edited:

jj358

Nov 14, 2014
eastern kentucky
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
the only feedback Ive got is about your response. Why get mad at someone for trying to help.

GatorBoy

Gold Member
May 28, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't!!!! I think people on here are a farce!! It's comical really!! If you have not a clue please be humble enough to realize it!!!

Now that is funny
...start a post asking for feedback then respond like that to it?
Sorry if you have sour grapes,I know it stinks to hear something may not be what you thought... You should think about your statement here and maybe heed your own advice honestly.
I know I'm pretty hard headed sometimes and I've stepped in "it" on this forum several times.... don't be like me.
Happy hunting

Last edited:

Jon Stewart

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2011
Look at the inside of that large broken piece. If that circle area has a star shape in the center then that may be a crinoid in a rock. Hard to tell with that photo posted.

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Worm tube fossil, fairly common. Gator pretty much nailed it in his first post. The only thing uncommon here is the original posters response.

After thinking about it for a moment, that kind of response is common.

Last edited:

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You asked for help and the first response you got was from GatorBoy who does indeed know whereof he speaks. Sometimes you can't tell a lot from pics but from just lookin at those pics you right off got the best evaluation you could get from anybody on here. Just out of curiousity, what do you think they are, or do you not have a clue?

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So now you got everybody makin fun at your expense. Well, I guess the title of your post is, 'Look forward to any feedback!!! Please. You're welcome.

Jon Phillips

Mar 10, 2009
Riverview Florida
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F-75, MXT, 6000di sl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's easy to see where the "fork in the road" occurred.

It seems a lot of this goes on in this forum....Someone posts some pictures of some rocks, fossils, more modern ceramics, etc., asking for opinions...then when the opinions point out that they are not artifacts...the original poster gets ballistically butt-hurt, and commences to jump the people that only tried to help, and educate them. Then they always tell us how wrong we are, and what jokes we are, etc....pointing out the fact in doing so, that they weren't after opinions at all, but just some back pats, and dropped jaws from all the stunned onlookers, who line up to agree with them.

This always...of course...ends with the original poster telling everyone that the "local archeologist" or guy from the local museum has confirmed, or will confirm, that they are the find of the century, and we'll all be sorry....followed by the information that the guy from the Portable Rock Art website confirmed that they are, indeed, miniature sculptures of a Bigfoot/alien/Chupacabra hybrid...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do not attack members...

You posted same rocks in Feb on your first thread and was told then they were just geo-facts, posting them 3 months later will not change them into artifacts. You also stated in Feb when you posted them that you were a newbie at this..

We have many extremely knowledgeable members on artifacts and it does no one any service to encourage new hunters to collect geo-facts when they want artifacts.

Several different members posts deleted, remember mocking violates our rules and helps nothing..

Last edited:

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Are you sure you don't have something a little bit like this? It sure looks like a natural cast of a fossil snail of some sort.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.5 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    209.4 KB · Views: 91
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 85
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 263
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:

PalmettoPride

Nov 13, 2014
Lexington South Carolina
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like a hit and run job. I agree with Gatorboy's take on the white pieces (kaolin pipe stem pieces) and good guesses about the others; I don't have anything to add except to say that the original poster's response was very narrow-minded (I'm being diplomatic here).

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am not even going to give you my opinions on those because you aren't worth me wasting my knowledge from 50 years of collecting. I hope you are removed from the site immediately.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Posts like these remind me of the time when I was in a class on Oklahoma firearms law. Most of us were thrilled to have that particular instructor for the class, knowing his experience and background. MOST of us, anyway. One guy kept arguing with the instructor about what the laws 'really meant', and the instructor patiently tried to explain his view on it. Finally, the class idiot told the instructor 'that was NOT the intent of that law!' The instructor was a short guy but he suddenly looked about 10 feet tall when he looked ol idiot in the eye and said 'Buddy, I co-authored that bill and wrote that law, don't tell me what I intended.' Cool moment in my life, and we all clapped. Good lesson. Never argue with the experts, and you might actually learn something.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread