Southwest GA Finds and ID

gsu27

May 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found these yesterday. I'm new to collecting so any information on these would be great. Is the one on the left a chipping stone or just a rock? There is a ton of flint chips in a 100 x 100 yard area but outside of that, virtually none. 300 yrds away is a huge field that I couldn't find a single piece of flint.

Attachments

• IMG_0359.jpg
    IMG_0359.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 91
Upvote 0

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome! There are a number of GA posters here who can tell you what you have, and I bet they will. Sounds like you have a good site. I'd search over the whole area if it were me.

monsterrack

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2013
Southwest Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett, and Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The large piece looks to be a preform blank, from what you said ,you have found a spot that they produced stone tools. I would keep looking in that spot and if it's legal dig in that area. Welcome to Tnet:hello:

GaRebel1861

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2011
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds / looks like you are on a good spot. Good luck and keep posting what you come across.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice keepers and welcome to the site. By what I read you have stumbled upon a camp site. Focus on the area you found the 2 and if there is water near by head in that direction. I have found sites up to 1 mile away from a water source but more closer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread