randall61

randall61

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2004
Guntersville,Alabama
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236x2,viper trident
Re: my indian find

around 1840 or so & tree is old at least 200yrs had arborist checking it out ,saved !

they are developing the property around two hundred acres.

Cannonman17

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2006
Wisconsin

Over two hundred years old???? Okay, I wouldn't have guessed that, maybe a hundred I would've said. Must be a pretty slow growing type eh?

A

Atlantis0077

Hummm,

Was wondering about that myself...mighty puny for a 200+ year old tree. I see pictures of 'Indian trail trees" and such in magazines....I know down here in the south its rare for something besides an oak or cypress to survive that long. Even those long lived trees are ravaged by storm and drought and rarely make it. Still if the tree is old I am certainly glad you were able to save it from the saw. Would have been a shame for it to be lost.

Here is a photo of a Post Oak....this is growing in my front yard and this year got the distinction from the forestry people as the largest Post Oak in the state of Louisiana. My family has owned this place since 1843 and the tree was growing there at that time. My grandmother who was born in 1902 said when she was a girl there were twin oaks in the yard, but on succumbed long ago.

Had an old fellow who does treasure hunting come by and look at it...he could see all sorts of treasure symbols in the tree....lol I think that was imagination and nothing else...my family was always dirt poor so no pots of gold floating around there. :'(

Atlantis

Attachments

• Mytree.jpg
    Mytree.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 364

deepsix47

Jul 26, 2006
Detector(s) used
Fisher Impulse, Fisher CZ-21, Minelab X-Terra 70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

randall61 said:
cool pointer tree

Hmmmmmmm.... I would have thought possibly 100. Nice picture of a cool old tree.
Deepsix

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread