Chopper? Or am I still shut out for my first find?

TXChzHd

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chopper or chipping courtesy of Mother Nature? I'm guessing natural rock but wanted to double check. Thanks for y'alls help! And patience!!!

ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436278005.628455.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436278027.346777.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436277889.052734.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436277903.385955.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1436277928.638354.jpg

Upvote 0
OP
OP
T

TXChzHd

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Although, now that I look at it, if that piece hadn't broken off (top left of 3rd pic) it could maybe have made a nice symmetric shape.

Lol, someone stop me before I let myself get excited about this one! [emoji12]

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your item does not display the typical flaking that would be used on a worked piece, from my observation. It is also smaller than what I have normally found. Also, just curious, what general area are you hunting? (No specifics)

OP
OP
T

TXChzHd

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Your item does not display the typical flaking that would be used on a worked piece, from my observation. It is also smaller than what I have normally found. Also, just curious, what general area are you hunting? (No specifics)

Thanks for the feedback old digger. Hopefully I won't have too many more rocks for y'all to look at before I start getting some real finds, lol [emoji2] I'm hunting primarily Montgomery County, TX, just north of Houston. Mostly rivers and creeks but looking for some dry land to walk with permission.

OP
OP
T

TXChzHd

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm about 5 days into this hobby [emoji2]

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spend some time looking at the old post on here to get an idea on what to look for and where to look. Then get out there and spend some time. You will find relics if you look long enough in the right places.

old digger

Gold Member
Jan 15, 2012
Montana
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always search out springs that are out in the middle of nowhere. It sometimes helps if you search out particular high spots along creeks and rivers. And do check out the saddle between hills as that is where game would travel and the game would also be hunted in these areas. It is also spots where they would have made their camps, (sheltered from the wind).
Hope you have much better luck next time out hunting.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water find? That is a flint cobble, if you found it in a field go back to that area and look for some other things like flakes.

OP
OP
T

TXChzHd

Jun 30, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Water find? That is a flint cobble, if you found it in a field go back to that area and look for some other things like flakes.

Thanks for reading and commenting, rock. I found this in a river gravel bar. At least I think I did - ok, first lesson learned the hard way... do a better job of keeping track of where I find stuff [emoji12]

What do you mean by flint cobble? Thx!

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its natural but that is what they would of used

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread