digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After enlarging it, i see a koala bear but it was 88 degrees today and i had a couple cold ones to cool off :occasion14:

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see a rock, nothing more, nothing less. You have let your imagination get the best of you.

But I do see the Grinch though.

"You're a mean one, Mr Grinch
You really are a heal"

OP
OP
H

heartsongs

Aug 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
will be posting more pictures later this evening...thank you

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Other then telling you those are all rocks, there's not much else to say. Do you have any artifacts you could post? Those are not artifacts. Those are rocks.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you think these are artifacts or are you just posting rocks that look like animals? Either way, I think you would be better off putting them on this forum and not here.

Rocks/Gems

OP
OP
H

heartsongs

Aug 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
bannerstone

bannerstone found in the same area

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
bannerstone found in the same area

What's blocking the hole? Anyway, just remember rocks found in the same area as artifacts do not become "artifacts by association". They remain rocks. Unaltered by humans and any "effigies" are coincidental and dependent on the human imagination in this instance.

OP
OP
H

heartsongs

Aug 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ancient ones drilled much of the large diameter holes, like this, thru stone, using a piece of cane, and fine powdered abrasive flint dust. Cane drilling leaves that center round thing you see in the banner stone, as the tube part of the cane is all that penetrates the stone, leaving the tube in the center standing.

Charl

Silver Member
Jan 19, 2012
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
ancient ones drilled much of the large diameter holes, like this, thru stone, using a piece of cane, and fine powdered abrasive flint dust. Cane drilling leaves that center round thing you see in the banner stone, as the tube part of the cane is all that penetrates the stone, leaving the tube in the center standing.

Yes, you're absolutely right. But look at your photo again. The "tube" is at a right angle to where it would be if it's an example of what you are describing. But it can't be such an example of the reed column. Here is an actual example of what you are describing. An unfinished bannerstone from RI. The cylindrical column is at the bottom of the hole and not as we see in your example. So we don't really know what that is blocking the hole. The column must be parallel to the sides of the hole. I am not sure that is a bannerstone, since how could it be drilled like that with that "thing" in the way?? It may be, but right now I just don't get it. Not sure what that is. Bottom line is that cannot be the reed column based on where it is. Not possible. Unless your photo is somehow throwing off the perspective or distorting the image in a way that conveys the wrong idea of what we see there?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 142
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    264.3 KB · Views: 128
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 126
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    278 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:

southfork

Bronze Member
Jun 15, 2014
California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have people with a bag of rocks on every forum who won't take no for an answer . But they get more hits than real artifacts .

OP
OP
H

heartsongs

Aug 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
To all of you that have felt the need to answer stupidly with snide comments with all of your so called "Knowledge," what is your purpose for being on this site? I thought this site was a place where a person could come for help identifying objects? So where is that help I ask? to those of you that I have mentioned above...your not all that. Not everyone has your "Knowledge" and frankly to treat others in such an insignificant way, I will just keep my own knowledge that treats others with respect. I came here to learn, I came here seeking truth, I came here looking for answers, I came here to gain knowledge...not to be kicked in the face because I don't have answers. How does one learn if they don't seek out truth? How does one learn if questions are not asked? How does one learn from a**holes? If y'all are "experts" how can you expect anyone to learn anything from you? My opinion is y'all are just UN-professional wanna be's that get off on belittling others that does not meet your standard of knowledge. How sad!!! To those of you that replied with courteous and helpful answers I thank you and appreciate your kindness and help.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread