Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are in Sego Canyon, Utah. 3 distinct styles. Historic Ute, Fremont, and Barrier Canyon styles. Historic Ute will show horses, and in this pic shows a shield. It's a pecked depiction, but they have painted in some parts. Fremont style has the triangular figures. Barrier canyon people are the ones who used a whole lot of drugs or else encountered aliens. They have the painted figures with the bug eyes. It sounds like I'm jokin, but there is a lot of moonflower, or datura, growing down here and some cultures would use that to induce hallucinations. TV programs would have you believe it depicts ancient aliens. I believe they drew something their holy men saw in the spirit world.

Attachments

• 9-18c.jpg
    9-18c.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 116
  • 9-18f.jpg
    9-18f.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 118
  • 9-18h.jpg
    9-18h.jpg
    124 KB · Views: 115
Upvote 0

unclemac

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2011
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
and who's to say they didn't represent figuratively like Picasso or others did? We don't say those artists were influenced by aliens.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
The big "FB and Collen" in your first pic. Is that the work of vandals? Also, the word "drugs", in my opinion, sounds bad. I'm a believer in a higher power, or a creator. We were created with receptors that bind to psychoactive substances for a reason. Our gov. Has given these plants a bad stigma. Cool post!!

OP
OP
RGINN

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are the work of early anglo settlers and their descendants, NC field hunter. I suppose in two thousand years visitors will ooh and ahh over those too. Drugs in itself is not a bad word, and since I used it in the same sentence as 'encountered aliens', I was being a little facetious. As far as I know your government doesn't have a lot to say about datura. Every so often though you will hear about people trying to use that moonflower or jimson weed recreationally and they usually wind up hospitalized. That's why we called that loco weed where I grew up. But there are stories that shamans or holy people of ancient cultures used that very thing to journey to the spirit world. Some of these glyphs are probably depictions of what they saw there. Some might be related to hunting rituals, religious figures, and I highly suspect that a whole lot are no different than what modern day graffiti artists are doing.

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
Very cool stuff RGINN. I too think its ridiculous that those on the shows about "ancient aliens" have an explanation for everything. From ancient glyphs, to the most sophisticated technology of today they attribute mans ability to create or discover claim its origins in alien influence. To me it is downright disrespectful of the great minds who have invented or discovered or create works of wonder. To be blunt; what a load of CRAP these people put out there.

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
Very cool works of art. I'm not sure about alien significance, but it's interesting how similar rock art can be from very different areas. I've seen a lot from Argentina & Chile that are similar.

But there are stories that shamans or holy people of ancient cultures used that very thing to journey to the spirit world.
Getting to the spirit world isn't that hard, it's getting back that's the trick...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread