Upvote 0

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep an eye on any dirt sidewalls along that creek for points and that whole pot getting ready to erode out. Good Luck steve

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Keep an eye on any dirt sidewalls along that creek for points and that whole pot getting ready to erode out. Good Luck steve

Yep I got a feeling there's some really cool stuff in that bank and a little bit downstream from there I've never gotten to really poke around due to it at one time was the home of a nice size water snake. I haven't seen that snake this year but I think they don't move very often lol

Trooper733

Apr 3, 2013
Eastern Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i,Whites DFX, Whites TRX, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Other
You are definitely the pottery champ Peaches. Ha ha. Good stuff, thanks for sharing.

Hot diggity

Nov 19, 2014
Nice one Peaches! I'll bet you have a property ripe for metal detecting too. No doubt a settlement for a time(s). The natives may have left you copper objects much older than your pottery & perhaps also early Euro/American artifacts in the shallower layers aswell. I'm just guessing & I know you like your creeks. I would seek out middens & focus my searches around some of N.C's older trees near the water. Everyone liked shade. No water snakes...perhaps worked stone, bone, beads & pottery. You have a promising site & think you have barely "raked" the surface. HH & congrats.

Indian Steve

Silver Member
Oct 23, 2011
Stuart VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NCPeaches, Don't worry about the snake. There are no water moccasins in your area. Water snakes are harmless. When I lived outside Greensboro many years ago, I used to gig water snakes when I was frog gigging and would have a frog leg, snake and crawdad feast the next day. Ignore the snake or invite him home for dinner. Please don't kill it unless you plan on eating it.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NCPeaches, Don't worry about the snake. There are no water moccasins in your area. Water snakes are harmless. When I lived outside Greensboro many years ago, I used to gig water snakes when I was frog gigging and would have a frog leg, snake and crawdad feast the next day. Ignore the snake or invite him home for dinner. Please don't kill it unless you plan on eating it.

It's a nice size red belly water snake but I gotta admit when I first saw it I thought it was a moccasin (I'm originally from Georgia and grew up fishing on the rivers) but I called Wildlife and they said it's not and I said well you just saved it's life. It's startled me a few times but I haven't seen it this year so not sure if it sees me first or what. I've got where I recognize the sound of a snake and haven't heard that either. Not killing it and definitely don't have a palate for snake or frog for food either lol I've put my rubber boots back on since this is "copperhead month" at least on my land and some of my paths have tall grass and I can't see them.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice big piece of pottery peaches

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you and one of my nicer pottery finds!

Whats your weather like this week? Calling for rain here all week long. If you remember every year around this time I work 6-7 days a week it seems. Tough time of the year to do a hunt so might as well be making money. But I sure get tired.

OP
OP
NCPeaches

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whats your weather like this week? Calling for rain here all week long. If you remember every year around this time I work 6-7 days a week it seems. Tough time of the year to do a hunt so might as well be making money. But I sure get tired.

It's been raining since Friday night and looks like it won't let up until Tuesday. I checked the creek to see if it was rushing and it's not but it is running fast and higher than it has all Summer so my hopes are up for those spots I've unsettled the last 2 months. Yes it is a tough time to do a hunt since the leaves are falling also and that creates blockages and covers that add to the work, days being shorter don't help any so yep might as well be making money. I'd like to walk the field that is a couple pastures over but it's leased to dove hunters and makes it unreachable. Thinking I might take a few days off work just to have time to search next week :laughing7: Don't work too hard if you can help it rock and HH!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread