Test for the audience?!?!?

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
This is a test for the forum audience. We often get 'what is this, where is it from questions' that are unanswerable. In this version, I found all of these and know where they're from. As I'm starting to unpack from the recent move I've unpacked a handful of artifacts that go into a little curio cabinet. These aren't the greatest of artifacts but for one reason or another I like them and so they go into the cabinet. My question to you all is which states do you see represented in this assemblage of artifacts? For reference the largest hoe in the top left of the photo is 6-1/2" in length. I'll come back with the answer tomorrow night. The winner gets my admiration and respect.

I'll answer questions if that helps, but nothing too telling.

Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• IMG_1743.JPG
    IMG_1743.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 177
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I see New Mexico or Arizona, some midwestern states which are probably Ohio, Tennessee, or Kentucky, maybe North Carolina, and since you are from there some Virgina.

Last edited:

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm sure I'll be wrong, but NC/VA, NM, OH.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill play, VA, TN, California (pumice), NM (pottery), KY

OP
OP
Twitch

Twitch

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2010
Missouri
Thanks to everyone for playing. Some pretty knowledgeable responses, only one state wasn't mentioned and the artifacts were found roughly on the border of a listed state so that's close enough. The states are KY, IL, OH, NM and WV. I think that means Mr Ream is the winner. NC Field Hunter gets a gold star for the most specific response because the Hopewell cores out of Burlington are in fact from Pike Co IL.

The hoes in the top left are mostly from Western KY but the largest one is from Massac Co IL. Most of the preforms and blades are from Western KY. The hardstone celts and partials are from Madison and Pope Co IL, and WV. The Hematite paint stones and the nutting stone are from WV and the Hematite celt is from OH. The thumbnail scrapers are from KY, as are the corn grinders. The pottery pieces are from central IL, western KY and Southern and Northern NM. The basalt metate is from northern NM.

Maybe I'll do this later with cases.

Thanks.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions