Family Affair... at the field thats full of chips

undertaker

May 26, 2006
Green Mountains of Vermont
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 and Whites Bullseye II Pinpointer
Heres some finds on 6/3/07. My son decided to go with my brother and I and he did quite well. My son hadn't been out looking for heads for years as he got away from it in his early teens and now he's in his mid 20's. He called and told me he missed it and wanted to go with us and try to get back into it. I started off finding a nice one with chipped base and then my brother found a nice little side notch. My son wasn't finding a whole lot. We were about to leave the site when he found a bright red lamoka style point. Very rare material for this area..Im still not sure what its made out of. After that find he really kicked it in and found 3 more nice points. My brother looked at me and said if we dont get him outta here there wont be a point left. Nice to see he's still got the knack even though he kicked our butts. Top row is my sons finds....Middle row my brothers finds ...and bottom row my finds.

Attachments

• 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    24.1 KB · Views: 317
Upvote 0

badandy

Aug 31, 2005
Collinsville, IL.
Great looking finds Undertaker! Glad to see the boy hasn't lost all interest in this great hobby of ours. You still have a super site for all those comming off one spot.
badandy

COUNTRY GIRL

Silver Member
Aug 17, 2006
WESTERN MASS
Wow those are gorgeous! I would really like to know what material the red one is also. I'll look around. Better keep an eye on your son, he's probably back out there now! ;)

Johnny X

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2005
Jerseyville Illinois
Detector(s) used
White's Spec. XLT..... My Eyes
woooooooooo looks like a nice day taker.

And that site is a keep my friend. I love that red point.

xstevnx

Abbey

Aug 15, 2006
Eastern Shore, MD
Detector(s) used
Discovery200
ditto ;) Great finds! Is that red one hemetite? The red stone they make paint from? Someone mentioned it in an earlier post a while back, and this is what I imagined the stone to look like- like stones I have around here (found a couple broken points of it too). Wonderful finds!

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice collection between you, your son and brother. I love that red one too, I think I would just slobber all over myself if I found one like that. ;D

;) RR

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread