Best hunt of my life--2 6"+ Whoppers!

mainejman

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2012
maine
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Steve but in that second video when you put that second piece down I heard it clink on the rocks....I about lost it......mjm

pickaway

Bronze Member
Nov 1, 2011
Detector(s) used
ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good god congrats!!!!!

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Super points we very seldom find anything that size.

Steve Ia

Aug 22, 2010
So what types do you think those are? I was thinking Hardin and Osceola, but could be wrong on both counts. I wouldn't mind seeing some close up pictures if you take some. Those are just killers.

OP
OP
StevefromMissouri

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So what types do you think those are? I was thinking Hardin and Osceola, but could be wrong on both counts. I wouldn't mind seeing some close up pictures if you take some. Those are just killers.

I think the pink one is an Osceola and the eared point might be a Hopewell Knife/Blade. The pink one measures 6 7/8" and the eared point measures 6 1/16".

choo

Jul 31, 2009
Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow outstanding hunt you did have the hunt most artifact hunters dream of congrats!

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are the King of water hunts! I could not stay out of those creeks. Fantastic pieces better than any I have ever found!

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've seen some of your previous posts and must say, you have one of the most impressive personal finds "large flint" collections I've ever seen.
Whether "Osceola", Hemphill spear, or Graham cave, it's a smoke'n hot find and the corner notched blade is just as awesome. I wouldn't say banner, but I would say... BANNER/BANNER!!
Wish I could vote but I'm on a mobile app., good.news is, finding those three blades in one outing is priceless compared to a banner award on a forum. Way to go, and "hope your next hunt is your best", think I've heard that somewhere before???
You left out a picture of your 1rst piece which wasn't too shabby either, hope you don't mind me posting it... ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1450063591.642484.jpg

OP
OP
StevefromMissouri

StevefromMissouri

Jun 26, 2008
Missouri
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I've seen some of your previous posts and must say, you have one of the most impressive personal finds "large flint" collections I've ever seen.
Whether "Osceola", Hemphill spear, or Graham cave, it's a smoke'n hot find and the corner notched blade is just as awesome. I wouldn't say banner, but I would say... BANNER/BANNER!!
Wish I could vote but I'm on a mobile app., good.news is, finding those three blades in one outing is priceless compared to a banner award on a forum. Way to go, and "hope your next hunt is your best", think I've heard that somewhere before???
You left out a picture of your 1rst piece which wasn't too shabby either, hope you don't mind me posting it... View attachment 1246734

Thanks, Mark. I've hunted for 37+ years very, very hard and this was by far my most memorable and shocking. Here's the pics of the other points I found...

Mark Todd

Apr 22, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks, Mark. I've hunted for 37+ years very, very hard and this was by far my most memorable and shocking. Here's the pics of the other points I found...

That's all the more amazing, your secondary finds!
Last winter I met a man at the Collinsville show in Illinois that had the nicest group of personal find Hardin's made of Mozark flint and I couldn't help but think of him when when I saw your post, because his finds were amazing also, none of yours are Mosark
but definitely just as amazing for there size, you've got some outstanding hunting grounds, may you continue to prosper!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread