DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All the snow finally melted and it rained pretty hard yesterday,so I went to this archaic village/camp I have been hunting for a couple years,hoping some erosion might have exposed some pieces.I did find a couple,but I am sure I pretty much walked the place dry,I can just only imagine what is under the dirt?.I think it would take a whole lot of erosion to bring some more up,but the only problem is by this summer the place will be so grown up with thicket that it will not be any good.It was a fun run while it lasted,now I just need to find another good place to go.My favorite find from the hunt is the corner notched Palmer,"i think its a Palmer?. 004.JPG Here is the frame of the pieces I found there 014.JPG

Upvote 0

willjo

Bronze Member
Apr 30, 2015
Twin City, Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 350 and Garrett ace 150
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some interesting points in case.

ptsofnc

Apr 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Losing a good hunting spot like that really hurts!

Yes! It is sad and sickening and frequent. And I don't know where you are, but often early archaic sites (in the southeast) were occupied earlier by clovis people.

Last edited:

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice site frame

OP
OP
DigIron2

DigIron2

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2014
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Fisher f75/1270/1266x/Radio Shack Treasure tracker/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes! It is sad and sickening and frequent. And I don't know where you are, but often early archaic sites (in the southeast) were occupied earlier by clovis people.
I'm over here in central V.A.,it is kind of sad but just the way it goes I guess.Very possible the clovis people could have occupied the place,The place is a prime spot.I did find one late Paleo piece there,on the top row third to the right,pretty sure it's a Alamance point.If they ever log it again in another 25/30 years and I am still around,I will be there.:unhappysmiley:

theviking

Bronze Member
Aug 29, 2009
Blue ridge mts, Virginia
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice handful and cool site frame. I feel your pain with the overgrown site, our two oldest boys moved out and quit riding on our trails, not much erosion anymore. Ive got a five year old with a 100cc four wheeler and we encourage him to ride as much as possible. Look for some more local creeks, mines finally getting a good wash-out melting off three feet of snow. Good luck.

SCrocks

May 11, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice group of finds! Hope you can save a few more before it grows over.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread