389.1 KB · Views: 71
Upvote 0

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the board and glad to hear you are finding artifacts. Unfortunately, that is more than likely not one. The holes look to be formed by natural erosion and not by the hand of man. I probably would have brought it home because it is a cool looking stone.

NCPeaches

Silver Member
Mar 24, 2013
Western Piedmont North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the site! I'm horrible at rock ID'ing but I'll go out on a limb here and say maybe a weight or it could be natural. Someone will come along with more for you I'm sure. Have you found anything else like pottery or projectile points where you found this?

BagLady

Bronze Member
Mar 13, 2015
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
cheap
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks man made to me. The slanting would suggest constant motion, and on the back both holes indicate a bit of shock type breakage. IMO.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those holes are not drilled or man made. Look closely at them and you can see they are formed by natural erosion. Something softer like a fossil, or maybe even a quartz inclusion, has eroded out.

OP
OP
Y

yingling

Feb 6, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks guys. I asked around here and got the same answers. No one is quite sure. I'm probably goi g to keep it because it's different looking.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry just a geofact... Better luck next time..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread