DSCN3713.JPG

DSCN3754.JPG

Upvote 0

jmaschal

May 29, 2015
Maryland
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I don't know which is better the skyline or the colors on that piece... Thanks for sharing!

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is one of the most colorful pieces I have ever seen. Thats a beauty.

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man its a shame its missing the tip. Seems like all the pretty ones I have found lately are missing the tips and the rough ones have been whole. Still a stellar color and find.

OP
OP
scepter1

scepter1

May 17, 2011
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Man its a shame its missing the tip. Seems like all the pretty ones I have found lately are missing the tips and the rough ones have been whole. Still a stellar color and find.

Finding a 100% complete on the beach is right up there with next to impossible....

highnam

Bronze Member
Jan 23, 2012
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finding a 100% complete on the beach is right up there with next to impossible....
I'm from western Wa too and I have looked for years and never found one...tough to find anything worked in this area...not much for lithic material to chip...the coastal Indians mostly ate shellfish here and didn't need to chip arrowheads, I assume. Good job finding that stunning piece...have you found many on the beach? Thanks for posting that beauty!!

CoinFetcher

Bronze Member
Apr 29, 2012
Left coast
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Love to treasure hunt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow love it. I kayaked to cypress island yesterday. Did a little beach combing. Didn't find any agate arrowheads. :) way to go

OP
OP
scepter1

scepter1

May 17, 2011
Western Washington
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm from western Wa too and I have looked for years and never found one...tough to find anything worked in this area...not much for lithic material to chip...the coastal Indians mostly ate shellfish here and didn't need to chip arrowheads, I assume. Good job finding that stunning piece...have you found many on the beach? Thanks for posting that beauty!!

No, they are pretty rare here. I find an occasional one while looking for agates on a few private beach properties that I have permission to hunt. Research shows about 80% are local black basalt, and the rest agate, pet. wood, jasper, chert, and obsidian.

dts52

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2015
NW CT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox800 / AT Pro / AT Gold / Makro Racer
Vibra-probe / TRX pp
Primary Interest:
Other
Beautiful piece!

Top Member Reactions